OH NO! The power is out!

O'Henry Farms

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 29, 2010
Grassy Creek, NC
My wife woke me this morning at 4:45 in a panic! The power is out! What are we going to do about the eggs in the incubator? She scurried around, loaded the bator in the car, and drove them 5 miles to her parents house and plugged it back in. We think the power was off for about an hour and the temp in the bator got down to around 80. We have about 40 eggs setting. Are they doomed?
th.gif

O'Henry Farms :

My wife woke me this morning at 4:45 in a panic! The power is out! What are we going to do about the eggs in the incubator? She scurried around, loaded the bator in the car, and drove them 5 miles to her parents house and plugged it back in. We think the power was off for about an hour and the temp in the bator got down to around 80. We have about 40 eggs setting. Are they doomed?
th.gif

no, mine was off overnight, I lost two. 11 hatched out of 13​

They should be fine. My power went out and the temp dropped down to 65 for about 2 hrs until I could get a generator and get it set up. I had 15 out of 20 hatch.

my power went out and temp dropped to 73.. 17 out of 19 hatched! right on time. dont stress they will be fine

Mine went out last night as well. Luckily we have a generator, but I stayed up until 3:30AM when the power came back on so I could leave the generator going. IT doesn't hold enough fuel to last all night. I have 5 chicks still in the brooder under 80F, and 7 eggs in the incubator in lockdown! 6:30AM came very early this AM.

Back
Top Bottom