OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I got the last of my chick order from Meyers yesterday. 6! A Blue Andalusian, Partridge Cochin, 2 Speckled Sussex and 2 Silver Spangled Apenzeller Spitzhabens! They are the cutest little things. I promise pics later today. This batch was intended to be my egg laying/brooding crew but I went overboard and picked three more standards from the mystery bin on my first trip. In my defense one was an Egyptian Fayoumi who will top out at 3 1/2 lbs and one may be a bantam after all but one is a Cochin who will end up at 8 lbs.

The plan was to only have a few (6) standards not all of which are large ex. Appenzellers, and after that bantams. My coop is pretty large but my run is not. I am expanding it but the chicken math is getting ahead of me.

The happy news is that my husband has offered to help me work on the expansion today. I can't afford all the supplies this pay but if I can get more of the frame up then I can work on the fencing :) Soon my babies can play outside.

Glad we're back up and running because I got my first chicks yesterday! Easter eggers and buckeyes

Attachments

• 20170515_170324.jpg
    20170515_170324.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 5
  • WP_20170515_008.jpg
    WP_20170515_008.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 3
So happy to be back up and running!! I have 2 Swedish Flower roosters, I'd like to rehome one. They are friendly. About 6 months old. I just don't have enough girls for them and I'm sure I have a few more roosters coming up from some chicks I bought at TSC. I'm in the Dayton area.
rooster.jpg

Back
Top Bottom