OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I sure did get more than just the chicks, I think I picked his brain for all I could before I let him leave! LOL
fl.gif
He was so nice and down to earth, I don't think I could ask for a nicer breeder to get my chicks from!

As for your chicks, I am looking forward to hearing how the buckeyes do in the heritage class and wish you the best of luck with the Comets, Turkeys, and hamburgs... isn't this all sooooooo exciting?!?!
celebrate.gif
Indeed it is. I'm hoping to get the Golden comets this evening or tomorrow. Next month is when the chaos will hit between picking up chicks on Monday or Tuesday and poults on Thursday the week of the 16th (plus my oldest daughter's birthday is the 17th, so that's part of the chaos too). We should be plenty covered over in fuzzy butt chicks shortly. It's going to be a fun summer.

Well I got my 6 from RKO in Woooooster!!! haha!!! So,I'm going with 18 this year!!!! Boy is it nice out!!!! I put them in the chicken tractor I built last year...Just brought them in,,they must of had fun,,,,they are all sound asleep!!!!!
D.gif

hi
I'm in Hinckley Ohio
new to chickens and this web site
looking to start out with 5 red sex-link laying pullets not chicks

I talked to Myer hatchery and the started pullets have trimed beaks

Last edited:
Congrats to all the new chicken farmers!!!! They are a blast,,,even I can do it...Over in the Washington DC area,,,1 dozen med eggs $2.99..I'm going for $2.00 on mine..large!!Aldi's is selling at $1.29 last time in..It does vary from week to week I've noticed.Location and avaible will matter..I have 18 now,,Building fort know the keep the critters out....learned a lot last year,,,You newbies...look out for predators!!! Death from above and on the ground!!! Kevin
ep.gif
ep.gif

We have been lucky in Ohio the last week or so,,,,I've had my chicks out over the weekend,,,what fun!!!! I hope the weather last,,,tomarrow is the first day of spring!!!! wooo hoooo!!!!!! Garden to plow and other stuff!!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!!! Kevin

Coshocton Ohio here. I see egg prices from $1.00 to $3.00 per dozen. I refuse to sell them for less than $2.00 dozen. I will refer a person elsewhere for cheaper eggs and most of the time they go ahead and pay me. I won't do it for nothing. I would rather donate them. Usually, any left over get fed to the hogs or back to the chickens.

If they are paying 1.00 they are probably buying from the Amish, and that's OK. I hope they realize that they don;t know how old, and to be sure they are not kept in the frig for storage.
As you know if your from Coshocton, Local Bounty has my eggs, Windy Hill Berry Farm and Vineyard and we sell them for 2.75. Strawberry Hill has organic and sell for 3.00.
We can not reuse cartons( State Health Regs) so we have and added cost of 35/carton etc. Add up your costs and you will find your labor isn't worth much.
I would like to see more of y our posts.
M

Last edited:
I sell exclusively to coworkers for $2. I get the impression they would pay more if I asked for it. (They are mostly earth mothers.) My feed costs are $120 per month for 43. I get about 20-23 per day.

Back
Top Bottom