OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Not sure how local that you want to stay - I live about 25 minutes north of Columbus and have partridge silkie chicks for sale. Ridiculously darling!
love.gif
I gotta come thru that way the 2nd or 3rd...I may check them out if you still have any left
big_smile.png

Hey, Blessedchick, is that your red coop on 61? Did I see some Barred rocks in the pen next to it?
Nope! That's Charlie Brown - really! He's south of me...I'm just North of Fulton on the west side of the road, beigey house with white fencing. I'm set back from the road so the coops really aren't too visible - Bredwinner Farm is the name of my place. What's happening this weekend? Maybe we can (finally) get together to talk chicken!

Oops...isn't the fair this week???

Yep, they sure have except for school now. Lol.... I have 2 catch the bus 2 differant times in the morning and the afternoon. Next year it is gonna be 3 times in the morning and afternoon. Not looking forward to it. Lol....

Now I am just busy trying to get everything canned and frozen from out of my garden but it seems to be coming in faster than I can keep up with it.
roll.png
Not complaining just don't want them to go bad.

Welcome pgrommesh

FYI, we just butchered some RIR roosters and was not impressed with the carcass. We raised some Black Star Sex Link Roosters earlier this year and although it had the razor breast it had huge legs and thighs were as the RIR was smaller.

We have New Hampshire hens and they don't get real big. They put on some extra meat after their first molt.

Obviously nothing compares to the carcass of the CX. I'm thinking of trying the Freedom Ranger for next Spring.

Good Luck
Save yourself the worry and don't free range! To many predators in this state! I am on my 3rd flock. I lock my girls up every night even tho their run is fully enclosed. I am south east of Columbus and we have killed over 20 raccoons in my area this past summer.

Back
Top Bottom