OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your bators. All mine were "poopy" until my 1588. I'm a "hatchaholic" myself and my bator has been running nonstop lately too. I hope mine lasts otherwise I'll be taking advantage of that 2 year warranty! Lol! IncubatorWarehouse is coming out with a new one the looked pretty "nifty"!!! There is a video and pictures of a prototype on their site. I am dying to put it to my own test!!! Here is a link to see it. At the bottom is another link where you can watch a video of it. =)

http://incubatorwarehouse.com/egg-incubators/combokits/incuview-combo-kits.html

Went and looked at the link and now I want one. I have thought about the 1588. Thanks for your opinion on it. it was very helpful. did you try the brinsea brand?My friend uses the brinsea advanced n likes it except she uses a styrofoam one for lockdown. There are about 24 different eggs I want to do so either one would work. It's just hard work picking one :p

wow I would love to discuss raising & breeding chickens with you!! I would like to breed chickens but have never had a rooster before.

Also there is a fb page for hatchaholics
smile.png
great people!

so much for this city girl to learn on the farm raising chickens.
i love to talk chicken, im far from an expert but will give you the best advice I can. im guessing we are 2-3 hours apart, you are welcome to come and look around here, as I told mlaff we are a farm in progress, there is a construction mess. if you can ignore the mess, your welcome to come and look.

Not a good week to be a chick at my house. Went to check on my chick and one of the rural king chicks was dead. My NN on the other hand is doing good. This morning it was running around, again without its boots that we made for it. But it's toes are so much better already. It is jumping on top of the brooder and making me a nice mess to clean up. Those brinsea brooders are awful to clean.

Not a good week to be a chick at my house. Went to check on my chick and one of the rural king chicks was dead. My NN on the other hand is doing good. This morning it was running around, again without its boots that we made for it. But it's toes are so much better already. It is jumping on top of the brooder and making me a nice mess to clean up. Those brinsea brooders are awful to clean.

Next time before you use it, cover the top with clear contract paper. Then you can just peel off the poop!!!!!

i love to talk chicken, im far from an expert but will give you the best advice I can.  im guessing we are 2-3 hours apart, you are welcome to come and look around here, as I told mlaff we are a farm in progress, there is a construction mess. if you can ignore the mess, your welcome to come and look.

Where are you located?

If you have the room, fence off an area where the chickens range at and put a small shelter in it for them to sleep.  Leave them in it for about a week then open fence up and let them mingle.  The older chickens are always going to peck at the younger ones but this makes integrating new chickens a lot easier for use.

Thanks for the advice!!!!:D

Woot. Randomly stumbled across this thread (BYC is just like google or YouTube, I swear..never know where you'll end up!), didn't know there was a thread for Ohio-folk. :D I'm actually a transplant. Raised in South Shore (ironically, north shore), KY which is literally on the river. I was in OH more than KY anyways. Last fall, DH, kiddo and I got the chance to move onto my grandparents farmland here in OH, just 40 minutes away from "my ole KY home". So now we're living in Lucasville (although we tell folks Minford since we're closer to it than actual Lucasville..). You've probably never heard of it unless you live here or have attended "Swap Days". I'm so happy to be here. We lived in city limits before and couldn't have as much as a chicken. We've only been here 9 months and we've already had/have 4 horses, a pig, a goat, and OODLES of chickens and ducks. :D Always been a country gal at heart.
Howdy folks! :3

Woot. Randomly stumbled across this thread (BYC is just like google or YouTube, I swear..never know where you'll end up!), didn't know there was a thread for Ohio-folk. :D I'm actually a transplant. Raised in South Shore (ironically, north shore), KY which is literally on the river. I was in OH more than KY anyways. Last fall, DH, kiddo and I got the chance to move onto my grandparents farmland here in OH, just 40 minutes away from "my ole KY home". So now we're living in Lucasville (although we tell folks Minford since we're closer to it than actual Lucasville..). You've probably never heard of it unless you live here or have attended "Swap Days". I'm so happy to be here. We lived in city limits before and couldn't have as much as a chicken. We've only been here 9 months and we've already had/have 4 horses, a pig, a goat, and OODLES of chickens and ducks. :D Always been a country gal at heart.
Howdy folks! :3

Welcome to the group from up north, Troy, just north of Dayton.

Back
Top Bottom