OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Can anyone tell whether this is pullet or cockerell?

Last edited:
If this is a rooster, anybody want it? I can't have a rooster as we are in city limits. It has only crowed once. Up until then I thought pullet.

i scratched my head on it for quite a while, wondering what kind of illness i had. i am upset about losing the chicks, but was glad to find out the source of the problem wasnt contagious.

Hey buckeyes I live in Frankfort Ohio and I'm trying to sell my partridge silkie rooster he was born this past spring and he crows,mates,and would love some hens of his own he doesn't attack at all all and I have too many roosters.He was born under my silkie hen and there was 3 all together he has a sister and a brother and they are all silkie except there combs are single when pure silkies have walnut combs but the rest of them are silkie so not too sure about that but I still have his brother and sister and I wouldn't mind to sell both roosters one of them is a partridge other rooster is buff and hen is white,like I said to many roosters and would love to sell one or both if interested you can private message me..thanks

now for the parts of the story that gives it away.

i have been working a regular job too, to help get us through the winter.  my daughters have been helping us feed.  when i moved the chicks i was mixing their feed, (starter and a ground version of our regular feed).  my daughters, not knowing any better gave the chicks my "adult chicken" feed that contains large cracked corn, sunflower and large pellets.  in all 5 chicks i found a pellet in their throat.  they had choked to death on the large feed.

Oh no. :( So sorry about the lost babies. Poor darlings. Indeed, at least it wasn't something contagious.

If this is a rooster, anybody want it? I can't have a rooster as we are in city limits. It has only crowed once. Up until then I thought pullet.

:eek: :th Such a gorgeous boy! I have an EE hen I'd love to pair him with, but I doubt even my chicken-friendly family-neighbors would enjoy yet another man-chicken singing his sun salutations (already have 4 crowing, 5 that should start any day now, and at least 4 young'uns that will in a couple months). Gotta limit myself on the rooster buying sadly.
Still, so tempting.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom