OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

No problem crazy ma! But if any one else is interest I have two, male and female, buff seabrites for sale. They are 40$.

We are going Ohio Nationals this week! Two youngsters for showmanship and about 36 birds in the van! We have everything from Geese to Seramas and 10 Buckeyes going down! It is about a 4 hour drive for us, but we are looking forward to seeing everyone!

We are going. Are you entering any of your cornish? I'd love to see them in person.

No, I am not set up to quarantine birds coming back from a show. I only inoculate for Marek's (which reminds me I need to bring a small cooler and ice and get vaccine and dilutant at the show) in the back of my mind I fear bringing something back home to my flock, which could possibly undo many years of work. Many years (and two properties) ago, before starting these current projects, I bought a bird from a breeders home that had been vaccinated for Infectious Larangotracheitist (which back in the day was a live virus vaccine), brought her home and lost about half my flock. Ended up taking birds to the State lab in Reynoldsburg for necropsies, diagnosis, ended up having the remainder of my flock quarantined for I forget how many days/weeks/months, have a state Vet come out and inspect and finally clear them.

Maybe someday when I am satisfied with the birds, and enough other people have viable flocks of them, I might start showing. In the mean time I just go to get an appreciation of what proper representatives of their breed look like in person, (quietly laugh at some breeds), meet up with people I've come to know, get supplies. But I always change boots and clothes before going anywhere near my birds when I get home.

Quick question for those in the CINCINNATI area.

Where do you get your chicken feed for the best prices. I have a Tractor supply near me but I would like to know if there are better places around.

Also - where in the world do you find duck feed? I am planning on hatching some ducks in Feb and can't find any food for them.

Thanks!

Quick question for those in the CINCINNATI area.

Where do you get your chicken feed for the best prices. I have a Tractor supply near me but I would like to know if there are better places around.

Also - where in the world do you find duck feed? I am planning on hatching some ducks in Feb and can't find any food for them.

Thanks!

I go to rural king in my town, just got some layer crumbles and pellets there, I think it was around $10-12 a bag. I used to buy from TSC but it was around 17 a bag I think, been a while.

No idea on the duck feed, but I would love to get some ducks at some point too.

We are going. Are you entering any of your cornish? I'd love to see them in person.

Faithful Feathers will be there! Silkies are all bathed and ready to show...plus we will have a vendor's booth with Tice Farms and Just Wright Silkies. Just look for the BIG PURPLE SALES BOOTH to check out the birds we will have for sale.

I have our sales list posted on our FB farm page, too.

I can barely wait to see everybody!!

Back
Top Bottom