OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Great to meet you, Josh!! And, um, how come I didn't win that bantam pair??? ;)

Leslie, it's a good thing you know us. Come springtime, we'll see what we can do to make sure you have LITTLE red hens for your farm. They are cuties, aren't they? And congratulations for doing so well at the ON. Nice to see Ohio being so well represented at the show.

Blanchester has a great feed store on 28 hwy. I'm sure a Garmin could direct you and tell you how far it is from your front door. I pay $12.99 for a 50 pound bag of pellets, layer feed. They have other brands, too, so at least you could choose. My chick mash or crumbles is from Purina, I get that in blanchester, too. It's around 20. For 50 pounds. I must say, if you use their chick starter for the first 18 weeks, the chicks grow up to lay an egg a day. Double yolkes, too! I have EE, light Sussex and production reds that are laying, and still laying with the shorter days and cold weather. They have a light that comes on at 5 am and goes off at 8 am. My silkies and bantems all look good, they were hatched in late August/early Sept. They also carry hardware mesh, hay, all the essentials. I even bought an all weather 100 foot garden hose from them. They also carry the wild game bird feed which is higher in protein. Really nice people there. In April they sell baby chicks. After going to the Nationals and when I saw the prices of the chickens, I decided it's best to raise them from chicks!

I picked up their business card today. It's BDK feed, pet, lawn & Garden, lumber, hardware. 660 West Main Street, Blanchester, Ohio 45170. Phone (937) 783-3276 m-f 8am to 6 pm, sat 8am-4pm. Also at bdkfeed.com

I picked up their business card today. It's BDK feed, pet, lawn & Garden, lumber, hardware. 660 West Main Street, Blanchester, Ohio 45170. Phone (937) 783-3276 m-f 8am to 6 pm, sat 8am-4pm. Also at bdkfeed.com

That is where I shop as well. Love them. Even buy our dog feed from there. You buy so many (not sure how many) and you get one free.
Been to Rural King, but chickens do not like their feed as well. TSC is too expensive.

Oh joy, there is white stuff on the ground again. The girls are going to be so "thrilled". :rolleyes:

One of them is probably hating life right about now. She started a hard molt last week and has a large patch of missing feathers on her back missing as well as lots of smaller patches on her neck and chest.

I always love the first snow every year. So hilarious to open the door and watch the flock start to come charging outside and them jam on the brakes and stare in wonder....lol!

]I know these are not chickens but I am so excited! My first baby bunnies! 2 of my New Zealand Does kindled on last Monday night! These are their 1 week birthday pics! LOL

4 all white kits

8 all black kits

CONGRATULATIONS! Very nice. They look beautiful! Best wishes for healthy happy babies!

I have a ? For anyone who might be able to answer. I went out to feed and water change today and my bared rock would not get up, she acts normal personality wise accept I picked her up and one of her legs is not working at all and her foot if balled as is she is holding something. I checked her all over and she doesn't appear to have any other issues but I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a ? For anyone who might be able to answer. I went out to feed and water change today and my bared rock would not get up, she acts normal personality wise accept I picked her up and one of her legs is not working at all and her foot if balled as is she is holding something. I checked her all over and she doesn't appear to have any other issues but I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Well that sounds like a neuro issue, how old is she? Is she eating, drinking, normal droppings? Best to put her in a hospital pen, where she can have some privacy but can still hear and see the others. Keep her warm, and make sure she eats and drinks. You need to post this on the Emergencies/ Illnesses forum to get the best feedback. Check out the thread on here about Hypericum/ Saint John's Wart. It's long, but worth reading. And worth a shot for your bird, maybe.

Last edited:
I agree with @chicknmania . Does sound like neurological. Also check out Marek's thread. But usually when they get Marek's there are other symptoms and they do not give eye contact. I would definitely isolate her in case it was some type of injury. Also have you checked the foot for bumblefoot? Maybe it hurts her to walk on it. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom