OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Im also selling a pullet.
Im downsizing on the breeds I have, to focus on 3 breeds, so some of my hens have to go.

Last one left a is white terta tint hen, she lays a large off white-cream egg everyday, she is friendly. Tetra tints are a cross between rhode island red and white leghorns. She looks like a white leghorn, but has red earlobes. Tetra tints are breed specifically for Tractor Supply, where i got her this past spring and are bred for egg production. The picture is a couple of months old, don't have any current pictures, but her comb is huge now. Nothing wrong with her, just want to bring it down to the 3 breeds for breeding pens in the spring. Local pick only in Lebanon Ohio, or might be able to meet in a 20 miles radius of Lebanon.

She is 20 dollars, or trade for a nice polish pullet/hen that is blue,black, or splash; or for a lavender orpington pullet/hen; or a couple of chicks of either breed, or might be willing to trade of hatching eggs of either breed. Contact me by pming me. Thanks for looking.

I am in northern Union county and raise Buckeye chickens ( what else would you raise in Ohio?) and Silver Appleyard ducks

Glad to see some new Buckeyes!!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm just north of Columbus in Morrow County. I breed Silkies and have a mixed bag of Lovely Layers.

We'd love to see pictures of your flocks!

I'm glad to see new buckeyes also! I'm proud to say we have a giod group here. I'd like to see a few old faces back around cause they disappeared without a word.

We can add my black breasted red ohiki to my breeders but I'll only be breeding for myself in these right now. They have laid 4 eggs over the past week and I'm working on breeding pens for them now!

How's everyone doing?

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! ! I have been seriously absent from here. Hope you are all well and your flocks too. Things here are great chickens doing well n my LF getting bigger. Wish everyone a Merry Christmas in case I don't get back before then!!! Hi Minihorse! !

None of my birds are currently laying. Some are just finishing up molt, so that may be the majority of the issue but I want to try to get ivermectin on everyone asap as well just to make sure.

I am looking for hatching eggs. I can trade homemade soap & bath salts for them if anyone is interested.

I'm interested in just about any chicken breed as I have a mixed flock of layers. Cold hardy breeds are preferred. Peacombs are a plus. I also raise polish & silkies, so would love to add some new blood there. Open to ducks (especially call, ancona, muscovy & pekin), turkeys (any heritage), coturnix quail of any color & guineas.

Just pm me if interested in a swap.

Hello fellow Buckeyes! I'm not exactly and old familiar "face" ,as it were, But as a new- ish member I just wanted to say Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays to all!
I have really enjoyed learning from everyone and appreciated all the advice.
Things in our micro chicken adventure have been nice and smooth with the exception of that first big wet snow we got. Dumb snow stuck to my deer net screen roof/ cover over the fenced in yard and tore it apart.
We have a small happy flock consisting of 2 roos and 8 hens. The roos get along with each other but do attack us occasionally! Ow! They can really get us with those spurs! We just try to grab them when they are in that mode and carry them around a bit to let 'em know who's in charge. Lol! I figure at least if a predator gets in, they will give it a reason to think twice. All but one are bantams,and are a mix of mutts and frizzled Cochin. Not all are laying yet, but the ones that are are keeping us well stocked with tiny eggs!
We have only one new glitch that I think (fingers crossed) will not be much of an issue. I was really watching them the other day, when I noticed one of our 2 silkie/ polish mixes had these 2 particularly long tail feathers. Then I noticed she also seemed to have those pointy saddle feathers. Hmmm. Then we saw the little nubs growing where spurs grow. ... so have ya guessed our big surprise? Yep, our little girl, Shadow, seems to be a little boy! He/ she is at the bottom end of the totem pole and rather passive, so I'm hoping all will stay calm and all 3 roos can stay friendly. Time will tell!
1f60b.png

Sorry to have rambled so long, but I have always been long winded!
Best wishes to all!

Hi silkiesensation! In case you were wondering, yes the silkie/ polish pullet turned roo is one of yours. Lol
1f600.png
( No worries, I know there is always some guessing involved in sexing young birds.) I took two of the polsilkies and the full size ee and Anna. All four are doing great and have filled in nicely. Anna's feathers all grew back and she is the queen of the coop. Best wishes to you and yours this Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom