OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hi silkiesensation! In case you were wondering, yes the silkie/ polish pullet turned roo is one of yours. Lol
1f600.png
( No worries, I know there is always some guessing involved in sexing young birds.) I took two of the polsilkies and the full size ee and Anna. All four are doing great and have filled in nicely. Anna's feathers all grew back and she is the queen of the coop. Best wishes to you and yours this Christmas!

I remember exactly who you are! So glad Anna finally found a flock she fit into. Those poliskies are a royal pain to sex, especially with polish & silkie both being difficult breeds to sex. I have had several turn out to be late blooming roos when I swore they were pullets. I can't remember where you told me you are from, but I have moved since you got the birds. I'm now near Minerva & Alliance. Just gimme a hollar if you need more birds!
1f609.png

I am in northern Union county and raise Buckeye chickens ( what else would you raise in Ohio?) and Silver Appleyard ducks

Welcome to the group, Nate.

I think we should have state legislation here in Ohio that every chicken-keeper has to have at least one Buckeye in their flock. This is a great group here and is full of helpful people. Good to have you aboard.

So... I got a free roo today and already have 9 hens. I have no clue how to introduce him to my flock or how they may react. I also know nothing about how they mate, when they mate or what to do with the eggs. Lol I know I am ill informed on the situation but it just kind of fell in my lap. Any information iis much appreciated.

has anyone offer you assistance yet? It's pretty easy. Chickens are smarter than people realize.

Hey cabinchicky! Hey silkiesensation! I'm going to upload pictures of the ohiki youngsters. I'm excited to hatch these guys. There is so few of them and they need more work getting some minor issues worked out in their breeding that I'm excited to help!

I might sell off some of my breeds of chickens if anyones interested in pursuing any of them to make more room for ohiki. They will be my main focus for the next several years and will be a lot of pair breedings and unfortunately that takes space and my new barn only has so much. Josh isn't to fond of building a bigger one, yet.

Last edited:
I might sell off some of my breeds of chickens if anyones interested in pursuing any of them to make more room for ohiki. They will be my main focus for the next several years and will be a lot of pair breedings and unfortunately that takes space and my new barn only has so much. Josh isn't to fond of building a bigger one, yet.

I would be interested in silkies, polish, anconas, calls, turkeys & coturnix quail. Birds or eggs both fine. If there's anything else interesting that I don't know about I could possibly be convinced

I would be interested in silkies, polish, anconas, calls, turkeys & coturnix quail. Birds or eggs both fine. If there's anything else interesting that I don't know about I could possibly be convinced
I've got a black silkie roo and he's free. I just want him gone. Decent quality.

Back
Top Bottom