OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

He is a ohiki. There's only 2 known people in ohio with them. They're very rare and a breed that needs alot of work. These are just some of my starter birds. They have decent type but need improvement on ear lobe color and leg color and tail length. If you can post some pictures I can help tell if it's a ohiki project bird or not. Ideally they should look like a cochin with a long long tail. It takes 2 years for a full tail to come in on this breed.
they should also have short stubby legs. No feathers on feet or legs. Legs should be willow green. Earlobes white.

is there any interest in a peahen and a peacock.? The hen is 4 years old and the cock is a year and a half old. he should come into his adult feathering this year. Must be able to pick up in Zip 45679.

they are not mine and belong to a friend up the road and while I would love to have them, he is not NPIP so therefore I cannot bring them home.

Merry Christmas everyone and have a Hoppy New Year!

I got some Buckeyes-4 pullets and a cockeral hatched may and april respectively. Standard bred. Got one egg two months ago when they arrived and nothing since. I can't believe, even in winter, at this age, that I'm not getting any. Anybody out there experience this? 7 months?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom