OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

ShayBaby, for some reason your nick seems familiar, do you use that for an email too?  as you get your coop together ill do what I can to help you fill it LOL. just had a break in hatching and pulled around 30 bantams and 50 standard fowl out of the incubator.

Hehe, thanks! I'm a bantam buff, but I just adore my Turkens, too. I don't use ShayBaby in my email, but I use it all over the interwebs. :)

that is about the limit of what I would set, but they should be fine. I seen in another post that your looking for barnevelders. I just sold out my stock of double laced barnevelders b/c they weren't very good birds. the feather quality and such was awesome, but the loss on them was aweful. 

its just my personal opinion but I think the barnevelder breed has been inbred a little to much. If I were to restart with the breed, I would probably cross a welsummer with silver laced Wyandotte, select to straight combs and lace patterns then breed to barnvelders for one generation.

I didn't expect the basque to be such good layers, I can let a few eggs go. because of the cost of the parent stock the eggs will be one of my more expensive eggs at $4.00 each.  ill give you first chance at them, and I will only let a dozen or so go.
I will separate out the white laced Cornish, thanks to a mink that is just a pair breeding. what eggs I can get for you will be $1.00
on the turkens, again its just a pair mating, but she is one of my best layers. I should have a few eggs for them. they are also very fertile.

That would be so great. Thanks bunches! Whatever you can get from turkens and laced Cornish is perfectly fine. I would be okay with 6-9 Basque. I'll take another look at your lst to see if there is anything else that might work. I have most already. Thanks also for the info on Barnevelders. They are necessarily a mst have for me, but the only ones I could find locally. Really want to avoid shipping this time!

Thanks again. I'll be in touch.

I didn't expect the basque to be such good layers, I can let a few eggs go. because of the cost of the parent stock the eggs will be one of my more expensive eggs at $4.00 each. ill give you first chance at them, and I will only let a dozen or so go.
I will separate out the white laced Cornish, thanks to a mink that is just a pair breeding. what eggs I can get for you will be $1.00
on the turkens, again its just a pair mating, but she is one of my best layers. I should have a few eggs for them. they are also very fertile.

I love my basques! I'm just starting with them, pretty much -- been collecting and hatching a small starter flock over the past six months. Two girls almost at POL now, and I can't wait! :)

Thanks for the offer. I will have to keep you in mind for later. What breeds to you have? I did find someone on CL who will save me a dozen Barnevelders for that week, but i would really like about a dozen of another one or two breeds, just in case.

Rght now I have basques, SFH, barred LF cochins, cuckoo marans, lavender ameraucanas, buckeyes, white, black, and blue silkies :), rhodebars, a pair of cream legbars, a pair of red-shouldered yokohamas, isbars, coronation sussex, seramas, black copper marans, and russian orloffs. A lot of them are adolescents still, though! I also have a pair of sulmtalers growing out, some more baby basques, and a half-dozen tolbunts that just hatched Tuesday along with a few more rhodebars and two partridge barthuhners. The cuckoos and barred cochins are laying (only one cochin hen, though -- I just trimmed butt fluff the other day so hopefully fertility will improve), my basques, coronations, and SFH should all be laying fairly soon, and the rhodebars shouldn't be too far behind. Plus of course I have assorted singletons, birds I've forgotten about
gig.gif
, eggs in the incubator, and the motley crew laying flock :) I love my chickies!!!

I love my basques! I'm just starting with them, pretty much -- been collecting and hatching a small starter flock over the past six months. Two girls almost at POL now, and I can't wait! :)
i "traded" around to get them, i also got some white crested blue polish, some Russian orloffs, a few rhodebars, black aracaunas, lemon cuckoo cochins, and a few other things. unfortunately we had a power outage over a shorted heater on a cold night. some survived but now its a crap shoot to what i do have as far as males and females.
the basque he brought to me in a trio and several chicks, so i have a decent start with the trio. i have a few chicks about a month old and around 10 more hatched last night.

as yours gets laying, i would defiantly be interested in some eggs, trading or buying.

Rght now I have basques, SFH, barred LF cochins, cuckoo marans, lavender ameraucanas, buckeyes, white, black, and blue silkies :), rhodebars, a pair of cream legbars, a pair of red-shouldered yokohamas, isbars, coronation sussex, seramas, black copper marans, and russian orloffs. A lot of them are adolescents still, though! I also have a pair of sulmtalers growing out, some more baby basques, and a half-dozen tolbunts that just hatched Tuesday along with a few more rhodebars and two partridge barthuhners. The cuckoos and barred cochins are laying (only one cochin hen, though -- I just trimmed butt fluff the other day so hopefully fertility will improve), my basques, coronations, and SFH should all be laying fairly soon, and the rhodebars shouldn't be too far behind. Plus of course I have assorted singletons, birds I've forgotten about
gig.gif
, eggs in the incubator, and the motley crew laying flock :) I love my chickies!!!

I will keep you in mind for later, as you definitely have some breeds on my WANT list. Rhodebars, cream legbars, isbars, coronation Sussex, and orloffs.

i "traded" around to get them, i also got some white crested blue polish, some Russian orloffs, a few rhodebars, black aracaunas, lemon cuckoo cochins, and a few other things. unfortunately we had a power outage over a shorted heater on a cold night. some survived but now its a crap shoot to what i do have as far as males and females.
the basque he brought to me in a trio and several chicks, so i have a decent start with the trio. i have a few chicks about a month old and around 10 more hatched last night.

as yours gets laying, i would defiantly be interested in some eggs, trading or buying.

That'd be great. I acquired mine from a number of sources, both GF and Skyline bloodlines -- with the rare breeds I really think it's worth making the effort to get as broad a gene pool as possible and cull from there. Trying to do the same with the SFHs :) And ooh! Are the lc cochins bantam or LF? I bet they're pretty :)

Sorry to hear about the power outage -- that's miserable!

That'd be great. I acquired mine from a number of sources, both GF and Skyline bloodlines -- with the rare breeds I really think it's worth making the effort to get as broad a gene pool as possible and cull from there. Trying to do the same with the SFHs :) And ooh! Are the lc cochins bantam or LF? I bet they're pretty :)

Sorry to hear about the power outage -- that's miserable!
they are bantam, I don't have a good picture; but here is a pic of the rooster when he was still in the temp cage. I have some juvenile lemon cuckoo orpingtons too, if your interested when they start laying. I think its 1 nicely marked cockerel, 1 cuckoo hen and 3 "buff" colored hens.

my basque are in "breeding condition" but here is the cockerel the hens are a little hard to see.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom