OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    I am right there with you. Love the legbars and isbars. They are beautiful birds.

2. cluckitall

cluckitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Oh, that little cochin guy is just too precious! And yes, I'd definitely be interested in both -- I've got one singleton LC orp, can't tell yet if it' a pullet or a roo. Eventually I want some flock mates for it. And your basque is a handsome boy :)

I need to do a massive photo shoot soon, too!

3. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Kind of excited. I just ordered my new incubator. I decided to go with the brinsea Eco 20. I have read many reviews and it seemed the easiest and best.

4. GizmoB

GizmoB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    Does anyone know of a place to purchase chicken supplies near Cincinnati? I want to start building a coop, need supplies for a brooder (heat lamp, sand, pine shavings etc) and will need feed, containers, etc. I would prefer to give a local place my business instead of always having to resort to the internet. Thanks!

5. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    I always go to rural king in Lebanon or Hamilton.

6. GizmoB

GizmoB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    Ok - good to know! Thank you!

7. sammyf123

sammyf123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2013
    kunkle ohio
    Just got some free chickens given to me today. A buff Orpington, a couple mixed bantams, some gold laced Wyandotte and a hen of which I have no idea what she is. She is black with a completely bald head and has feathered feet. I'll take a pic soon and post....... Gotta love free chickies!

8. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    congratulations on the free chickens! if these are your first, build your coop oversized; they are addictive.

im glad you got a new incubator, best of luck with it. from what I hear they are very easy to use, but I would do a couple test hatches before I put any expensive eggs in it. and remember, don't try to hard.

9. sammyf123

sammyf123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2013
    kunkle ohio
    Not my first and most definitely not the last!!

10. bljones4

bljones4 New Egg

Apr 30, 2013
    We always go to a rural king or tractor supply. im in shandon Ohio right outside of Ross and Harrison and cincinnati. There are several tsc in the area...Harrison, Hamilton and a rural king in Hamilton as well on Main Street. They have everything you need...pretty cheap as well pine shavings 4.99 or 4.49 when on sale and the lights r about 6 or 7 for the holder and bulbs r about 3 or 4 I believe...hth:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by