OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    I do not bandage, others may have better advice on that. other than one hen I have never had a re occurance. I usually put mine in a clean pen after I open the wound, I will use newspaper for a day then switch to large pine shavings.

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
  3. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    this is a list of threads where they help people in your situation. I wish I could help you more.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them

4. Fowl Menagerie

Fowl Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2012
    ohio
    I live in Darke County Ohio. Right on Indiana line. Have quite a lot of Saddleback Poms geese for sale and lots of call ducklings. PM me if interested. Local pick-up only Thanks

5. sammyf123

sammyf123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2013
    kunkle ohio
    Hi all hope you've had a great day. Hopefully my sebright rooster gets his internal alarm clock straight and doesn't wake me up at 4am again lol

6. scrambled freud

scrambled freud Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2013
    Lebanon Ohio
    I like the Rural King in Lebanon, too. However, I bought nine "pullets" there during "chick days," and now I have four roosters that I am trying to re-home.
    I think this is something that happens a lot when you get them from there or from Tractor Supply---that's in Monroe. I will never buy chicks again, I will spend the extra money to get bona fide pullets because this re-homing thing has been difficult.

7. cluckitall

cluckitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    That's why I like autosexing breeds :) And hello and welcome, sammyf123 and Fowl Menagerie!

[​IMG]

8. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    The rural king in hamilton sold me a "white leghorns" which ended up being a Cornish mix. We had gotten a Cornish as a test chick to see if DH can process it. Guess we now have 2. They are mean little things too. Always chasing me and all of the others around trying to fight. Had half a mind to let my roo put them in their spots but didn't want him trying to get friendly with my pullets.

9. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    I had a friend who bought several straight run black sex links from rural king in Circleville. he called me and asked me how to sex them. i said "the males have white dots on their heads." his reply "they all have white dots on their head." they were actually silly enough to order them as straight run, then let a customer buy all the females at a reduced price.

10. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    on another note, i decided to take the NPIP plunge. its not near as hard as a lot of people make it out to be. if anyone is interested in becoming a member shoot me an email, and i will give you the numbers.

i truly found it to be pretty much painless with my flock and setup.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by