OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Stevens21

Stevens21 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Mount Orab Ohio
    I am new to the Chicken Hobby, and loving it =)

I am in Mount Orab, we have 6 different kinds right now, looking to add more.

I am also experimenting with hatching eggs before buying a few of the ones I want to add to our flock, if anyone has a few that might be able to spare. Right now we only have 4 hens that are laying, so we get 2 a day.

2. Chickawawa

Chickawawa Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2012
    Tawawa, Ohio
    Welcome! Hope you are enjoying and finding your way around the Forum!

We are expecting our first hatching eggs tomorrow! Using our broody hen instead of our (still unused) incubator.

3. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH

fingers crossed for your hatch

4. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    congratulations on the new hobby!

I have 2-3 dozen extra eggs each week, price would be depending on what breeds you want. we just had our NPIP test Monday so i cant ship any eggs until the results come back. but if your willing to make the trip it would probably be cheaper than shipping anyways. i am about 1 1/2 hours from mount orab 95% of your trip would be on rt 32.

5. ThornyRidge

ThornyRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    Located in NE Ohio.. looking to rehome a couple Light Brahma and Light Brahma mix roosters.. They are lovely fellas.. I just have too many and they are too large for my flock!

6. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    Anyone happen to go to the Lucasville poultry show yesterday or today?
    I got there at 10:30 today hoping to find birds for sale but everyone was already packed up and leaving. Early birds. At least swap days is coming up soon again. Bahaha.

7. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    is swap days this coming weekend? I know its usually the week after the show.

8. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    Yep, June 1 and 2. Although I hate traffic and crowds, I'll be there crate-in-hand, much to the chagrin of DH. :D I'm only 15 minutes away from it.

9. LuvMyRoo

LuvMyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2012
    Looking to rehome a Buckeye cockerel. Very friendly birds but we hatched two and can only keep one. Also have two French Black Copper Marans cockerels to rehome. I am in SW Ohio. PM for more info

10. LuvMyRoo

LuvMyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2012
    Be careful Stevens21, hatching eggs can become habit forming :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by