OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    I'm having my flock tested tomorrow! I'm so excited (I know...chicken dork). My only concern is catching my 15 crazy guineas. I will be starting that adventure tonight...

2. Chickawawa

Chickawawa Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2012
    Tawawa, Ohio

Good luck!

3. GizmoB

GizmoB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    Thank you! I will have to check them out

4. GizmoB

GizmoB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    O
    great! I'm finding out about such wonderful places that are just 20 min from my home. Thank you everyone!

5. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    blessedchick, who is doing your test? Mike done mine, he was super nice.

6. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    Candy is doing mine and she seems to be very nice...and the good news is that 8 of my guineas calmly walked into Fowlcatraz (their pen, although they are never locked up) and I quickly shut the door. WOO-HOO! That was painless! But if you want a great video opportunity you are welcome to come by my farm this afternoon. I'm sure that the guineas will be LESS THAN PLEASED with me grabbing them for testing! LOL!

7. kmenchicks

kmenchicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2012
    Ohio
    Does anyone know where to get broad breasted turkeys in NEO? I have a friend who's looking to replace some they lost. I offered to pick up from Meyer next month when I pick up chickens, but Meyer doesn't have any available. Any ideas?

8. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    I walked into lowes to get chicken wire to work on our coop. A guy asked what I was looking for and walked with me to find it. He asked what project I was doing I told him about the coop. The look on his face was priceless. Then then proceeded to tell me how he just moved from PA and everyone one had them there but it was a first since he moved up here. Oh how I enjoy living in an upper class community. At least my township is still zoned agricultural across the street does not allow chickens at all.

9. Rnbwbrite1207

Rnbwbrite1207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast Ohio
    Have you tried sterilizing with Barbacide? its available at sally beauty supply stores and must be diluted but is a hospital grade disinfectant, fungicide, and kills viruses (virucide?) its used in salons to clean the combs and brushes. I have never used it for Styrofoam but properly diluted it should be safe.

10. Rnbwbrite1207

Rnbwbrite1207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast Ohio
    Mlaff I am in Austintown! That nearly makes us neighbors!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by