OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Stevens21

Stevens21 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Mount Orab Ohio
    I will have to talk to my husband about making that trip. You might have a few things we are looking for!

I am learning this! LOL I find out on the 30th from hand turning, but I think I might only have one good one.

I just bought a egg turner so now I need to try that one out, before I buy what we really want.

Curious at the lucasville trade do they happen to sell eggs for hatching? We went down earlier this year and got some it was crazy. If we go next weekend we are getting a baby sitter! (two little ones in that mess)

2. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    they will have hatching eggs at Lucasville, but be careful on what you get. a lot of them are trying to sell pet quality eggs at show quality prices. some will even try to pass off old eggs.

im not saying that everyone down there is crooked, you just have to watch. as a rule of thumb the closer you get to the poultry barn, the more people show. several of those people make a living with their birds, and most of them I trust. of course the cost is a little higher, but I would rather pay $20 a dozen for good eggs than $5 a dozen for eggs that wont hatch. (not implying that the $5 wont hatch)

im not sure if im going down there this time or not, I have chickens in my outdoor temporary cages already. with not a lot of open cages. but at the same time im always looking for better silver duckwings and b.b. reds. so I just might make an appearance.

3. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    No idea of course if the same folks will be selling, but at the April swap I saw a TON of silver duckwings. :)

4. GizmoB

GizmoB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    Im
    Yep, June 1 and 2. Although I hate traffic and crowds, I'll be there crate-in-hand, much to the chagrin of DH. :D I'm only 15 minutes away from it.[/quotI'm still new. What is swap day and where us it?

5. GizmoB

Mar 25, 2013
    Im
    I'm still new. What is swap day and where is it?

6. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH

It's a huge flea market-type sale at the fairgrounds here in Lucasville (SE OH). I've heard people drive hours to get here, and I believe it based on the traffic always backed up for miles down the highway and the crowds.. All kinds of critters and flea market-y goods to find there. TONS of birds and rabbits, among other things (goats, sheep, donkeys, horses, ponies, pigs, dogs, cats, even saw emu in April..). 3 times a year, up next is this weekend, June 1-2.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  7. GizmoB

Mar 25, 2013
    Thank you. Good to know. Maybe I'll make it out next time

8. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    I am on the hunt for a chocolate Orpington roo for a project I decided to try. I found some straight run chicks but I really only need the roo. If anyone knows someone trying to sell one please let me know.

On another note. I just came home with 3 new silkies pullets,a lavender showgirl roo, 2 pogirl chicks, and 3 silkie chicks. They are so adorable. But when I got back I found out that my little showgirl chick had died because our power had gone out while we were gone. After some tears between my daughter and I my husband didn't say a word about the new additions. Chicken math. I am now way over my limit he had set for me. :)

9. 6 littleHens

6 littleHens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Chillicothe, Ohio
    What's a pogirl? Like I need to know.Lol! [​IMG]

10. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    It is a showgirl polish mix. OMG, they are soooo cute. Ill take some pictures tomorrow and post them. I love their different look.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by