OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Just won 12+ chocolate Orpington eggs. Excited! I only need the cockerels so if anyone would be interested in some hens let me know. If anyone has tips for sexing them it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everybody! I'm having to sell off some of my babies!!! I don't want to but I have to. The seven polish tolbunts are up in the for sale section -- they're just shy of two weeks old now (sob!!!
hit.gif
)

I also have two partridge barthuhner chicks, three female rhodebar chicks, an adorable little mille fleur d'uccle, a lonely little chocolate bantam wyandotte, two basque babies that look to be females, three narragansett chicks, and a pair of six-week-old sulmtalers (I'm 95% sure they're a pair, judging by feathering at 3-5 days).

Also two cuckoo marans and an isbar/black bresse cross (yeah, I know, what a combination! It was an accident...)

If you'd be interested in any of the above, pm me with an offer! Any chicks that sex is not specified are sold straight run :) I can deliver within a reasonable distance, or come pick up -- I really don't want to ship these babies!

Narragansett

Tolbunts

Choc wyandotte in the back :)

Week-old pics of the sulmtalers -- they're a lot bigger now! I should take some new ones :)

Last edited:
Great. I will keep you informed. I have done alot of research on hatching so hopefully these turn out so much better than my last two attempts. Plus I now have a better incubator. My sole survivor of my last hatch unfortunately ending up passing away over the weekend because the electric went out so it didn't have a heat source. Not a fun thing to come home to. Ive been checking my brooder like 10 times a day to make sure it is still on because I have silkies in there now. I had bought them to be friends with the little one because the standards I bought were towering over it. Lesson learned. No more going out of town until my brooders are cleared out.

Great. I will keep you informed. I have done alot of research on hatching so hopefully these turn out so much better than my last two attempts. Plus I now have a better incubator. My sole survivor of my last hatch unfortunately ending up passing away over the weekend because the electric went out so it didn't have a heat source. Not a fun thing to come home to. Ive been checking my brooder like 10 times a day to make sure it is still on because I have silkies in there now. I had bought them to be friends with the little one because the standards I bought were towering over it. Lesson learned. No more going out of town until my brooders are cleared out.

Are these LF our bantams?

Ok don't want to sound stupid here but, I am new to chickens. Finally got my first batch out in the coop and play yard. I read where people give the chickens kitchen scraps. What kind of scraps? Can I give them the tops off of strawberries? Their play yard is mulch, I worry that they aren't getting ant pickings. Thanks

I give my chickens all of our kitchen scraps, tops off strawberries, watermelon rinds, even spaghetti leftovers. They eat it all. my understanding is that as long as it isn't junk food they can eat it. But I have heard that citrus isn't good for egg production and some strongly flavored things will affect egg flavor. We throw any plant stuff in the compost pile and they pick through there and eat whatever they want. For leftovers I bought a big flat bottom dish that I throw it in. If there were ever anything left after a few hours I would throw it in the garbage but so far its always empty immediately. :)

Back
Top Bottom