OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. sammyf123

sammyf123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2013
    kunkle ohio
    The only stupid question is the one never asked! I give my birds scraps such as greens, apple chunk, berries and garlic. As well as supplement feed with sunflower & pumpkin seeds and the occasional tomato. There isn't much a chicken WON'T eat! However I don't give my girls leftover KFC( just doesn't seem right lol!), or things I know from trial and error will give them the backyard trots. Good luck and happy birding!!!

2. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
  3. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    So I won an auction on here for my chocolate bantam eggs. Problem is I've messages them 3 times now asking if they received a tracking number so I could know when to expect them. The person has been on here several times and never messages me back. Any suggestions on what to do if I don't receive them today? They were supposed to have been sent out Tues morning and the seller only lives 3 & 1/2 hours away.

4. Chickawawa

Chickawawa Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2012
    Tawawa, Ohio
    We bought some hatching eggs from about the same distance away. They were shipped on a Wednesday and arrived on a Saturday. A little frustrating knowing you could have driven there yourself in much less time but that's USPS (I'm assuming yours is too). Up to you how you proceed of course, just wanted to let you know one more day wouldn't be out of the norm.

Good luck with your hatch!

5. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH
    So sad hearing all the problems with the mail.
    I ordered my first hatching eggs from VA in April and they arrived in 2 days, second batch also arrived in 2 days from MI, and third also from MI arrived in 2 days.
    I think I would freak if it took eggs so long to come from Ohio.
    If the eggs were sent Priority Mail they "should" have a tracking number.

Keep us posted on the your hatch.

6. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012

My biggest problem is the person won't PM me back saying if they sent them or if there was a tracking number. I did check their feedback.even though it was old it was all good feedback. I check their profile and they have been on but never message me back. So frustrating.

7. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Ill keep you updated on the hatch. I talked to a friend who gave me some hints and the new incubator is running like a champ. The little one I hatched last time passed because our electric went out. I'm hoping with all the new knowledge it can hatch more than one.

8. Tadkins472

Tadkins472 Chillin' With My Peeps

Our Basset Hound seeing the chick for the first time. Hopefully she isn't getting any bad ideas

[​IMG]

9. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH

I understand your frustration. I prepaid for an order if eggs, had to keep emailing them. They finally answered after they had my money for a month. Said the eggs I wanted they didn't have, so they sent me 8 OE when I only wanted 4. Thy did finally give me a refund, but I had to spell it out for them on how much they owed me.

All the eggs hatched but what an ordeal!!!! I will never order from them again.

The other people I ordered from were great to deal with!!!!!

10. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Hey is anyone on here going to the Buckeye Fancy Feathers show on June 8th in Canfield?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by