OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I'm getting up there quickly. Started from scratch in march and now have 31 counting the two meat chickens. I sold 5 today but have 36 eggs that should be here at the latest Wed. Of next week. If I can get a 50% hatch rate ill have 49. Hmm....forgot about my meeting Sunday for more. So looking at 49+ with a good hatch rate by middle of June. Funny thing is not one is laying. DH may kill me. Lied this time n said I won the eggs so he wouldn't flip out on me. Technically I did win. :lol:

Last edited:
i admire your courage in breeding. i could do so many color/type crosses here but have always been afraid to do to much of it. keeping breeds and colors straight here is already hard enough at times LOL.

i admire your courage in breeding. i could do so many color/type crosses here but have always been afraid to do to much of it. keeping breeds and colors straight here is already hard enough at times LOL.

All of mine are together. this weekend i have to add my newest egg layers in the yard to see how it goes. same with my newbies. my oldest roo still flips about all of them, but he is still in the old coop. last time i let him out he went on the attack and the cockerels are still alot smaller than he is.The choc orps and black silkies will be the only ones separated. Maybe the paint or cuckoo silkies. But after my two horrible hatches I had to get myself excited about something so that I would attempt it again.

I'm getting up there quickly. Started from scratch in march and now have 31 counting the two meat chickens. I sold 5 today but have 36 eggs that should be here at the latest Wed. Of next week. If I can get a 50% hatch rate ill have 49. Hmm....forgot about my meeting Sunday for more. So looking at 49+ with a good hatch rate by middle of June. Funny thing is not one is laying. DH may kill me. Lied this time n said I won the eggs so he wouldn't flip out on me. Technically I did win.
lol.png
sounds like my first year
lau.gif
. does your hubby like the chickens? my wife and i are both obsessed with them. i would hate to see the money we have spent in 3 years of farming. i figure on building a little more this year, then letting it pay itself off if that's possible. on just a fluke we have a standing order for 150 large fowl a week. ive had to turn people away on chicks because with 3 sportsman incubators running full time i cant keep up.

don't give up on hatching, i think this new incubator will help you along. but if for some reason it fails, try again maybe with not so expensive eggs LOL. you will get the hang of it, the hardest part is not being a scientist, but imitating nature. your natural curiosity is going to mess with your first hatches, but you will learn from it too. before long youll have to buy a bigger farm
yippiechickie.gif
im sure your DH will love ya then.

is anyone else going to Lucasville this weekend?

I just let DH know today of my plans to be at the swap and got a loud and hearty "NO MORE CHICKENS! And don't you dare get more of those hideous naked necks." Muahaha!
sXJgw.gif
We shall see about that.

Oh, and it's meant to t-storm. Bring an umbrella. :p

Last edited:
I just let DH know today of my plans to be at the swap and got a loud and hearty "NO MORE CHICKENS! And don't you dare get more of those hideous naked necks." Muahaha!
sXJgw.gif
We shall see about that.

Oh, and it's meant to t-storm. Bring an umbrella.
tongue.png
think of the rain as liquid sunshine LOL. you going tomorrow or sat/sun?

sounds like my first year
lau.gif
. does your hubby like the chickens? my wife and i are both obsessed with them. i would hate to see the money we have spent in 3 years of farming. i figure on building a little more this year, then letting it pay itself off if that's possible. on just a fluke we have a standing order for 150 large fowl a week. ive had to turn people away on chicks because with 3 sportsman incubators running full time i cant keep up.

lol! Yeah, I went from nine to over a hundred in less than ten months. Addictive little buggers, they are!

Back
Top Bottom