OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. cluckitall

cluckitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Perfect!!! [​IMG]

2. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    im trying to figure out weather I should go full commercial or not. I want to be more of a breeder, trying to improve quality. if this keeps going I wont be able to concentrate on what matters most to me. kinda scares me, im afraid it wont be fun anymore.

3. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    I've been getting that lately.his favorite is my new buff silkie. He thinks they are all ugly and hates chasing them to catch them. But yet he still does it. He may stop when they start laying and instead of buying eggs ill be incubating my own or letting the kids sell them at the farmers market.

4. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    another formula for chicken math: take the number your spouse allows and add 500 to play it safe.

5. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    He says he doesn't but most of the time he is quiet about it because it is my stress relief. He has his dirt bike and guns and I have my chickens. He hates that the brooders are in the garage but won't let me have them in the house. The first thing he did when he came home from camping was get them out to free range. :p

6. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    :lol: I'm already 11 over that. He has no idea of my meeting on Sunday or how many eggs are coming. He really doesn't bother with them much so figure he won't catch the newbies unless the kids spill the beans.

7. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    (of course I know the answer) you need to ask him what is more important, his garage or your chickens. [​IMG]

8. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Should be my sanity/his life or my chickens. Between school full time and 4 kids, one with some psych issues and trying to find a job he may choose the chickens.;) if he knows what's good for him.

9. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    I think my wife's best excuse was "they just wandered up in the yard, what was I supposed to do."

of course they were in cages, and there was a tarp in the back of her rodeo with chicken poo on it.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  10. cluckitall

cluckitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

And yeah, I hear you. I'm constantly cutting back, weeding out, deciding which breeds I like enough to build another coop for [​IMG]. I've had the same concerns, about getting so overextended it's not fun anymore, and I don't want to go there. I love my chickens, and I want to keep on loving them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by