OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    lol! I'm hoping that liquid sunshine clears the crowd a bit. [​IMG] I'll probably go Sat. I know they open Fri night but I'm not sure what goes on exactly. Heard someone say auctions? My new coop won't be done by Fri anywho. Muhaha.
    I adore this. LOLOL.

2. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    you have 4 kids too? I know what you mean about the "sanity". I also have one with some issues, shes a good kid, a certified genius. but real hard to handle because she could out argue the best of attorneys.

chickens are a good stress relief, and hatching will more than likely fascinate you. I still get up in the middle of the night and check on my incubators. when chicks are hatching, I go out every couple hours to check the progress.

I also sit and stare at my grow pens, observing and just laughing at the chicks.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  3. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    don't know why that posted twice, but I fixed it LOL

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  4. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    I prefer Friday evening. most people are just getting set up, its when you find the best birds as a rule of thumb. (I try to buy breeder to show quality) typically there isn't much of a crowd either. but the prices are the highest, and they usually wont bargain.

as a backyard flock buyer, you will have better luck on Saturday. people are willing to deal a little then.

5. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    Ahh. Good to know, thanks! As a cheap backyard hobbyist, I'll stick with my weekends for now then hehe.

6. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    I hate it when these shows go on. somehow I typically misplace a couple thousand out of my savings. just getting my NPIP (came through today) is going to limit my buying some this time around. of course ill end up spending it on new pens LOL.

7. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    OMG! Laughed myself sick over this one! This is when it pays to be single and I only have to answer to myself when I get carried away with chicken math!!

Hey Rick! I'm wondering if I should be hatching out a turkey...I have some peacock eggs in the 'bator and I've heard that they stay closer to home if raised with a turkey. So to all my turkey breeding peeps, what is a calm, no-frills breed of turkey? Although with showgirls, silkies, swans and peacocks I lean towards the eye candy type of bird...LOL!

8. Marengoite

Marengoite Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Will do. According to Porter's, they should be like a Bourbon red, but without the white on wings and tail. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the SB's look like too.

9. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Yep, 4 kids. We have his, mine, and ours. They are 10,9,8, & 6. After the crappiest day ever today I went home and my little week old baby silkie was sleeping on my month old silkies back. It was the cutest thing. All the stress of the day melted.

10. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    I bet that was so cute. (silkie) my daughters are 18, 15, 13, and 12, granddaughter is 2 months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by