OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

tell him we said you need more chickens!
lau.gif
i know i need a few more, ive decided im going to stop buying chickens when i use over 50lbs of feed a day. oh ummmm wait, im past that - lets up that to 100lbs a day. (thank God i have a supportive wife)
See my quote below yours? :lol: I was complaining about how I'm missing the poultry sale at the fair on Sat because of school and he asked if I wanted him to go. I told him he wouldn't know what to buy and he told me he knew I wanted the chickens for my step son. I told him I also needed a black pair of silkies and he looked at me like I was insane.

I will be soon, I am having problems identifying my birds as well, seems like every book or magazine I read says something different so I get confused. the only ones I am pretty sure on are my Brahma's and thats because of the feathery legs. I will have to get some pics and upload.

no sisters sorry. you just have to convince her your making money. of course, i still havent truly made money; but it does have an income.

i see you have brahma's do you have any nice light brahma roosters?

True, there is some income, but it doesn't cover the outflow at the end of the year.

I don't have any regular light Brahma breeders, but there is a possibility some of the younger chicks could potentially grow out to be, or close to it any way. I have a history of being kind of a mad scientist in developing my Brahmas.

its fine - im married im used to being ignored
lau.gif

i have a pair of dark brown single comb leghorns you can have if you come after them. they are last years chicks and she has never layed. i wont sell them because i dont want to cheat anyone, if you want them and think you can get them to lay just let me know.

crumbs minimum is 250 lbs, or 5 bags. i have a little over 800 lbs mixed at a time. my birds are caged so my mix is different from what you would probably want, but we have about $13.00 a bag in it.
I think my DH would agree!!
big_smile.png

Thank you for the offer! But not right now. Maybe later on in the fall, if you stll have them. I will get back to you on it.

That's a good price! I will have to check here at Masters to see what their minimum is and the price difference. Then I will check out Crums if it is better.

I know its a 'mutt' but I am finding that I love there colors. I only had two hatch from this group thinking I might try to hatch more. This is a Golden Cometx New Hampshire/Brahma (we think) rooster.

I haven't been on lately a lot to read through! Today was hatch day so far 10 chicks out of 25, getting a little better at this =)

Sept 7th is still a go for the swap, it will be at my house. Just to have a idea of who is coming and what they you plan to bring I can see if my dad will help put the word out on dial a deal.

My address is: 16776 Bodman Rd, Mount Orab 45154 if you want to mapquest to see how far it is. If anyone has any questions please feel free to send me a message. It sounds like a lot of fun to meet people and put faces behind names.
I am hoping to come and bringing a friend or 2! I won't have anything to sell or swap, but might be in the buying mode! I will find out from my friends if they will have anything to sell. My one friend has some extra roos she would like to get rid of. Her daughter shows in 4-H.

What's happening from the N.E.? We live in Mahoning County up by the Pa. line in Poland , Ohio. We've had chickens for 3 - 4 mos. now and are obsessed. Looking forward to exchanging pics, ideas and experiences with you all!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm in sw area. You are just getting started on your obsession! Believe me!! I never dreamed I would love my chickens as much as I do. I just wanted a few eggs for the family!
lau.gif
Yeah!! It's that funny!! We have had chickens for 5 yrs now and I can't stop! I love so many breeds! So I won't be happy until I have them all!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom