OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Ooh! My faverolle gals and my EE gal that were laying all took a hiatus for the winter I guess, so I wasn't expecting eggs, but went out this evening to put them all away and there was a pretty brown egg! My Barred Rock's (Dixie) first egg! She's been squatting for months so I thought she was defective. :gig She and the EE were my first two "that started it all (baha)" that I bought as day-olds from the feed store, so I'm happy happy happy (albeit sick sick sick) tonight! Now if only the guys will get busy with them so I can be a 20-something Chicken Grammy! :lol:

Dixie (she's the head honcho in the coop and a diva..always wants attention and her pic taken):

Last edited:
I have some horrible news, my dog which has been doing a good job of guarding the flock has gone rogue and killed half of the flock. :hit  I have 3 that are injured and patched them up as good as I could and 3 that are ok, traumatized but ok. I couldn't believe it when I came home from work yesterday. She will be going to a new home hopefully this weekend. I could not find 2 of them, there was no trace at all. I was so upset that I have been crying ever since it happened. :hit

I actually fostered dogs till i found one that loves the chickens and is great with them. So i adopted him! Sorry that happened!

Back
Top Bottom