OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

On my way to Meyers Tue to pick up my first chicks as well. Hope I walk away with just my order. Wish me luck, and self restraint
fl.gif
LoL I order mine and have them shipped I live close enough to go pick them up but do not trust myself!!! They always arrive the next morning. Im bad enough with just ordering them!!!

Is anyone else having trouble hatching this year? I hactched a couple batches last year and they did pretty well, but I haven't gotten anything to hatch so far this year :( mostly late quitters and died after internal pip. starting my last attempt today, then I am done for the year.

Yeah. We hatched a (uno/one/1-:/) pheasant from a chicken last year. Tried hatching two batches this year in the incubator(about half the incubator and it holds 24 medium-eggs) and they all died halfway- to the day of hatch!

We had a lot of luck with Polish and Ameraucana's though
(We might consider selling some, but the Polish roosters keep eating the eggs. We tried artificial, but he knows. The Ameraucanas are slow this year, they are getting older.)

Do any of you guys have a young Sebastopol that is starting to feather... ( I know it's late for goslings, but ours died two days after we bought it. It will be a companion for a duck/ for show as well.)

Last edited:
You won't believe this, but while I was on vacation, I fed my 8 month old a scrambled egg, and it turns out she is severely allergic! An ambulance ride and a shot of benedryl later, she is doing well, but we have strict orders to avoid feeding her anything with egg in it, and ALSO for me to avoid egg, since I am breastfeeding her. We just got our first chickens this spring (they were my birthday present) and we are expecting our first eggs next month or so, and I won't even be able to eat them! :(

The good news is that most kids outgrow egg allergies, but still...

Hi Everyone! Sorry you have to rehome your flock Avianman, good luck to you.Keeper of the Zoo I hope she out grows the allergy soon!! Not much has happened here, Fester has started mating with a few pullets who have yet to lay. I started to chink my coop finally, fun jobviously that is. Oh and my one year Olds still go after the 16 week olds, Fester still not put the ol'girls in their place. Sigh. My mobility is much worse and I have weeds I can't pull and I am going to have to buy a hoe to rid my flower beds of em. My hubby won't pull em since he can't identify a mum from a weed. Wish you all well n pls cross your fingers meet back surgeon tomorrow.:)

I had my first baby successfully incubated and hatched by a broody hatch out today! My brahma hatched it, but freaked out and abandoned it after it hatched, so I gave it to the broody NN. She's being a great mommy. Not sure who the baby actually belongs to yet, but it's a bantam with feathered legs..

Apparently, hens think extreme heat is a superb time to be a mommy, because I have 5 silly broodies now, one being a duck. Silly birds...

And lastly, because I had a small photo session outside today...

Gabby 3 months ago:

Gabby today:

And in the background here:

Yes, yes...the hot weather must be it. My favorite hen (buff orp..Sunny D) is broody now and I am not sure what to do. Do I just leave her alone or break this cycle? She is in my coop with all of my other birds, she is just hogging the nesting box and is very moody. I've been taking her eggs daily, but she is mot giving up. Do I just let her be and see what happens? I need help with this one.

Headed there myself tomorrow. You may be in luck because with my lack of restraint, there won't be a lot for you to chose from! Lol. Gotta keep telling myself the 14 that I ordered is enough!

I'm heading there next Monday to pick up mine! Again... I need some restraint as well.

Yes, yes...the hot weather must be it. My favorite hen (buff orp..Sunny D) is broody now and I am not sure what to do. Do I just leave her alone or break this cycle? She is in my coop with all of my other birds, she is just hogging the nesting box and is very moody. I've been taking her eggs daily, but she is mot giving up. Do I just let her be and see what happens? I need help with this one.

I have a silkie the same way. We let her sit, but we checked yesterday and the egg died...so we put a wooden egg under her

Back
Top Bottom