OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

OK on a personal note, I found I have a bulging disc and pinched nerves and am facing surgery. I can barely get to my kids outside to care for them and let's not attempt to lift a gallon of water again.I really miss hanging out with my kids and can't see them well from my window. So I may be gone from thread and site for awhile. I hope you and your flocks well and wish I could talk chicken more but I can't due to this issue. It's not making me happy n I feel I am being a bad Mommy to them now.

That's awful, Eleisha. :( What kind of lowlife would do such a nasty thing.. Anyone who sucks the joy out of chicken-raising should be strung by their toes and have a few angry roosters sic'd on them.. or, you know, a pellet gun might do the trick. I wish I could help, but that's too far a drive from here sadly. Hope you find them all a great home. And catch the creeps responsible.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm selling off all my chickens. My coop is being vandalized over and and I just don't want to rebuild anymore. The coop isn't close enough to my house to hear them or I would stop them. Between the vandals and the raccoons I just can't do it anymore. They're like sitting ducks. The run is completely destroyed and i have to keep them locked up or risk predator attacks if I free range. So I decided to let them go. I have 14 black, blue & splash ameraucana pullets & cockerels (in all 3 colors) that were born this January & February except for two unrelated roosters one black and one blue (roosters were born February 2013). The one rooster lives in a coop with 2 pullets and the other lives with the rest peacefully. I bought all of them as day olds from Sharon Yorks so they're real ameraucanas. I really wanted to show and breed them but my heart isn't in it anymore. Please pm me to make an offer. Nothing reasonable will be refused. I'm in north east ohio.

You have proof positive of human vandalizing ? Coons and dogs can tear the crap out of a wire and wood run.

You have proof positive of human vandalizing ?  Coons and dogs can tear the crap out of a wire and wood run.
[/quote]

Yes this was definitely people. Someone broke all the wooden posts, ripped the fence from where it was attached to the coop and tried to fold the fence in on itself.

My bet would be your Brahma cross's Momma was the partridge rock, she shows partial penciling. Her brothers Momma was probably the RIR, also based on the Columbian pattern, as is the light Brahma. Although he should have had brassy hackle and saddle feathers being silver/gold split. The EErs could be the wildcard as they seem to come in just about any color/pattern combos.
This is the brother. Very light brahma-ish besides comb of course, which i think rules out the EE since then both had pea combs, so this boy should have pea also, not a pea/single comb cross. But he turned out mean like his father and was squishing a little bantam pullet into the ground, so he had to go.

The EE was the standard pullet coloration, but who know what her parents looked like, she was a hatchery bird.

I like making all these pretty crosses, makes things interesting.

This is the brother. Very light brahma-ish besides comb of course, which i think rules out the EE since then both had pea combs, so this boy should have pea also, not a pea/single comb cross. But he turned out mean like his father and was squishing a little bantam pullet into the ground, so he had to go.

The EE was the standard pullet coloration, but who know what her parents looked like, she was a hatchery bird.

I like making all these pretty crosses, makes things interesting.

You need to get some better Brahmas, mean birds are the exception to the rule.

You need to get some better Brahmas, mean birds are the exception to the rule.
Haha yeah, I wish. We now have one pure 18 week old LB. Shes pretty nice. We also bought a straight run 'buff brahma' but turned out to be a dark brahma roo.He was really nice, but i chose to keep the polish roo over him. I really like the brahmas, the LB we have now is very round and soft and fluffy looking.

Last edited:
Sorry that is happening to you E, it's a shame. What town are you nearest? Let everyone else know to keep an eye on their own if it's not isolated anger against you. Roving kids can be as destructive as roving boars or black bear.

The white polish chick died! Is anyone near licking county that has an extra chick thats a few days or younger so the other one isnt lonely? The other chicks still have like 2 weeks to hatch. We have white crested black polish, ameraucanas, white silkies, old english, and bantam cochins. We might also take a duckling or goose if its a sebastopol or roman tufted (xd I know its too late for them)

Last edited:
Sorry that is happening to you E, it's a shame. What town are you nearest? Let everyone else know to keep an eye on their own if it's not isolated anger against you. Roving kids can be as destructive as roving boars or black bear.

I'm in Cleveland but I think it's someone my cousin knows and I'm just an easy target : (

Back
Top Bottom