OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hello Marc,
I'm looking for a new female companion for Mr. Feeney. He is an Emden/Toulouse cross. He is older (don't know his age; he was purchased at an auction with 5 of his companions who were sold for meat - terrible. Anyway, what kind of geese do you have? Any nice older females in either of those breeds or even another breed? His mate was a brown China. I'm happy to come pick her up!

Beautiful ducks! Alright, I'm reaching out to yall for non- poultry related info. We have been discussing relocating and which states/areas to look into. Dh threw in Ohio, I said southeast portion. We're looking for rural area (of course!) but near enough to heavy equipment operator jobs. Any suggestions as far as a specific area or company to look at? Of course since we currently live in the Appalachian Mountains there is experience on coal/gas well properties etc. We're country folks that don't really do well in big cities like Columbus:)

Good luck, I live in south central Ohio.

OK, I have to share my excitement, as well as a funny picture. First, we finally had our first egg, and we ended up with two first eggs on the same day! One of my barred rocks laid her first on Monday, and not to be outdone, around 4 in the afternoon, a black australorp laid her first egg as well! We have 6 nest boxes, and they both fight over the same one, the barred rock hogging it for an hour at a time, while the BA stands there and hollers at her. Finally, the BA gave up and laid in a different box, which she now views as hers. Other than one day, when the BA didn't lay, we've had 2 eggs each day since then.

And now for the funny picture... My chickens love to stand on the front porch and peck at the front door for attention. Today, they had a long staring contest with my lazy, indoor-only house cat:

Anybody buy a bird from swappers? I saw a mommy black swed with a bunch of ducklings... but we dont have money to buy them and care for them for weeks. I also saw some black and chocolate muscovy ducklings.... 10 dollars ezch, wanted the 2 chocz.

Saw the ducklings. Very cute. We aren't ready for more birds yet,so we just window shopped. Did somehow end up with 2 bunnies for my two oldest girls. Lol!

Saw the ducklings. Very cute. We aren't ready for more birds yet,so we just window shopped. Did somehow end up with 2 bunnies for my two oldest girls. Lol!

Bunnies are cute. Might do market rabbits next year for fair, get a good 300 or more for them you can keep them if you want, but we will sell them off at lucasville or something.

For anyone looking for roosters:
I have several young easter egger roos just coming to breeding age. Prices range $5-10 each.

For anyone looking for bantams:
I have several poliskies (polish x silkie) & d'uccle mixes available $5-15 each.

Heritage turkeys:
I have 2 or 3 young toms available, assorted colors, about 4-5 months old $40-50 each. These boys are pretty good size already.

I also have ancona, call, turkey, polish, silkie/sizzle, ee/silkie bantam, & rainbow layers all due over the next 4 weeks.

PM me if interested in any. Pick-up near Fresno, Oh or shipping available on multiple babies or a few older birds.

Hello,my name is Sean

I live in perrysville Ohio (it's about an hour from Columbus) my first flock started in june of this summer :)

Back
Top Bottom