OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Rick, I would NEVER tease you about your Buckeyes! LOL!! Just that I bought 3 this spring, "pullets", and 2 turned out to be cockerels. I couldn't understand why my neighbor was raving about this breed when my Buckeye youngsters were trying to pummel the living daylights out of anything on my farm with feathers! Once the 2 cockerels headed down the road the remaining pullet has been wonderful; curious, friendly and just started laying last week. SOOOOOOO....I would love to add a couple more Buckeye PULLETS to my flock in the spring!

But don't get me wrong................................my floofy Silkies are still #1 in my heart.............................
love.gif

I know you do, Leslie. And I expect to see you next month at the Ohio National again. Most likely in the parking lot, just like last time, with a batch of silkies for sale. LOL.

If I'm not mistaken, you may be able to pick up some Buckeyes at the end of the ON, if the exhibitor I'm thinking about shows up. He doesn't like to take chickens home from shows, so he may be able to cut you deal if you mention my name. I doubt you'll get him to trade you even for silkies.

I know you do, Leslie. And I expect to see you next month at the Ohio National again. Most likely in the parking lot, just like last time, with a batch of silkies for sale. LOL.

If I'm not mistaken, you may be able to pick up some Buckeyes at the end of the ON, if the exhibitor I'm thinking about shows up. He doesn't like to take chickens home from shows, so he may be able to cut you deal if you mention my name. I doubt you'll get him to trade you even for silkies.

LOL! I'm going "official" at Nationals this year! Me and a couple of Silkie peeps have rented vendor space and will be setting up "THE PURPLE BOOTH" at the show. We will have quite the selection of Silkies - Partridge (of course), blacks, splash...SQ to PQ. We are having so much fun putting it together and picking birds to take. I hope that everybody will take time to stop by - if you don't want to see some Silkies, I know that you will want to talk chicken!

This will in not put a damper on my tendency to sell Silkies from the back of my car at the Farmstead Restaurant at 61/71. Tough to get that peddling addiction tamed!
celebrate.gif

Im in gallia county! Part of meigs county. Im about 15 minutes from the wv border. New to chickens. Getting my first laying flock in 2 weeks. Im very excited. Someone told me its law that if you live in ohio and have chickens you have to have at least one buckeye in your flock?

Im in gallia county! Part of meigs county. Im about 15 minutes from the wv border. New to chickens. Getting my first laying flock in 2 weeks. Im very excited. Someone told me its law that if you live in ohio and have chickens you have to have at least one buckeye in your flock?

If it's not, it should be. Was at a close-of-season party for our school's cross country team and the host had a flock of a dozen hens with exactly 1 Buckeye in it. IMO, they needed to replace their Delawares with Buckeyes as a show of state solidarity.

I am posting in the hope that I will be lucky and someone in the central Ohio area might have some pullets/ hens that they are willing to sell. I have had to speed up my time table on building my little pet flock. Due to my roos chicken tractor acquiring some rather large holes (dumb dog!) and their subsequent escape (and recapture!), we decided to add them to the new big coop and run a bit earlier than planned. (It is also safer and not within the dogs reach). The big issue is that we have only one adult hen and 3 who are about 4-5 mos. I know this is not a big enough ratio of roos to hens and I would like to add at least 2 more asap while all is still in flux. They are all bantams except for one standard ee. Since I am not going to be able to have too many total, I am trying to find specific types but I am open to all options. I would love to keep to mostly bantams, on my wish list are cochins, silkies,and any colored egg layers (ees, etc), anything frizzled, sizzled, etc. I would also be open to standard gals, but would prefer something that lays a fancy color. (Yes I have succumbed to the rainbow basket obsession). I'm not planning on these birds being anything but pets so I'm not concerned with their breeding and am fine with mutts/ mixes, just healthy and preferably docile/submissive. (I have kids and a bossy top hen.) So if anyone has anything that might be a good fit, please give me a shout! Thanks!

Hello I saw your post and wanted to know if you were still looking for some banties. I currently have some Belgium d'anver. They are too small to determine the sex. They hatched about 3 weeks after Easter this year. I'm in the akron area if your close by.

We have some Large fowl utility cornish for sale. They are between 4 and almost 6 months old. About half males and half females. We are asking $10 each but if you buy more than one, we can definitely negotiate depending on how many. We are between Lima, Kenton, and Findlay. 10 minutes from I75. Mixed colors. Not show quality, but make great dual purpose birds. I'm selling them all. I also have a cock and 5 hens to go with all the pullets and cockerels.

Chicka Pucella,
Thanks so much for responding to my post! I did, however, manage to fill out our tiny flock already. We adopted a little girls pet arucana(x) who needed a home and 3 frizzled Cochin we lucked upon. I would love to add more, but I don't think we have the space. Thanks so much for the offer though! If anything changes, I'll give you a holler. But I'm trying to manage my new addiction (lol!) and behave myself.:)

Back
Top Bottom