OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

So, if erring on the cautious side do you vaccinate your birds for whatever the new birds have been vaccinated for?

I have horses, so I get your analogy...had no idea inter mixing vaccinated with non (or non recently?) vaccinated would cause such a problem. Thanks for the info! Research into vaccines now ensues
if you would bring home a bird that you know has been vaccinated with something that could pass, then yes, I would vaccinate all existing birds. In all honestly, if someone told me it was vaccinated for something I knew nothing about, I'd just not purchase the bird. Better safe then sorry.

Josh might kill me, but I just traded some stuff and delivery in exchange for svart hona eggs! Ahhhhhh, I'm so happy!

Congrats! I hope they all hatch! Those are such beautiful birds.
love.gif

I do not vaccinate for anything. Our farm is a survival of the fittest farm. All sick animals are culled and the strong survive and pass on strong genes. I have very little sickness and my chicks are thriving from day one. It is to each their own and I do what works for me.

I think that is great. That's how we are here also. I read somewhere if you choose to vaccinate, you have chosen to weaken your flock. So true.

@loveourbirds@ShayBaby@OHhappychicksyou 3 alive and well?@Stevens21what about you?

Lol! I'm still here minihorse927! I'm not on here much as my laptop quit. I only have a nook to get online with. I don't like it much for communicating. Hoping to get a new laptop soon. Hope everyone is doingwell. Once I get a new laptop, I will be back. Will pop in from time to time to check on all of you!

Wow . . . I just realized how long it's been since I've posted on this site
th.gif
Hope everyone's chickens are doing well. Hoping to be more active on here and to finally get chickens of my own this year instead of living vicariously through everyone else's! Should be in my new house around spring time and the first thing I'm doing is putting up my chicken coop and my rabbit hutches! Then the hunt for multi colored orpingtons shall commence . . . Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom