OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

That is good info. The local feed store I bought mine at last year got theirs from Mt Healthy. I was going to buy some from Rural King, but I seen so many people handling them and (thankfully) I can identity breeds--somewhat, and they were ALL mixed up! I mostly worry about the biosecurity issue with all those people handling them. I won't buy from Rural King. Tractor Supply seems to have a better handle on the public handling them.

I have a Southern States not too far into Kentucky from me too, if anyone has some info on what they may get in I would love to hear also!

I'm looking for some Sweedish and Magpie ducks (and maybe some chickens).

I made a hard decision and am selling my polish chicks and my lavender orpington chicks. I truely like polish chickens, but have decided to do just brahma and SFH.

I have 5 two week old polish chicks, two gold laced and 3 black Some are bearded.. They are 12 each, or all 5 for 50.
I have two lavender orpington pullets. They are 9 weeks old, the are 45 each, or 80 for both.
If you want all of the above birds, its 100 even.

Pick up only, do not ask to meet somewhere that is two hours away from Lebanon Ohio, 45036. I will not deliver, no exceptions.
Thanks

I dont have pictures of the polish currently, but if you want them I can send them.

Last edited:
I made a hard decision and am selling my polish chicks and my lavender orpington chicks. I truely like polish chickens, but have decided to do just brahma and SFH.

I have 5 two week old polish chicks, two gold laced and 3 black Some are bearded.. They are 12 each, or all 5 for 50.
I have two lavender orpington pullets. They are 9 weeks old, the are 45 each, or 80 for both.
If you want all of the above birds, its 100 even.

Pick up only, do not ask to meet somewhere that is two hours away from Lebanon Ohio, 45036. I will not deliver, no exceptions.
Thanks

I dont have pictures of the polish currently, but if you want them I can send them.

I had a chick hatch on its own, one day early, then it died about 15 minutes later. Any ideas why? Should I be concerned about the other 7 in the incubator? It didn't seem to have trouble hatching and the inside of the egg was relatively clean......some pink tinges but everything seemed to have been absorbed. I have a Brinsea Mini and it had stuck its head on top of the central water pot. Could it have broken its neck? Water pot is covered so I know it didn't drown. So frustrating after waiting this long!

Not sure about yours dying, but yesterday 2 of mine hatched about 36 hours early and in a big hurry. They were terribly sticky and one is spradle legged. Some of the others have started to pip now but it was almost 24 hours between the first 2 hatching and the next pip. Looks like this is going to be an interesting hatch.

I wish you luck! I have one more that pipped and it is peeping quite a bit. The rest seem to be happy staying where they are at. Just hoping for the best!

Cute teeny tiny little babies and spradle leg is all fixed!

Back
Top Bottom