OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I read somewhere that someone had issues with storing feed in metal containers when there were big swings in temp. and humidity resulting in the can sweating, and feed next to the metal molding. I don't remember the particulars as how long, or the conditions that the feed was stored in.

That being said, I keep a hundred pounds of feed in a metal can in my side coop, lasts maybe 2-3 weeks before refilling with fresh. Have never noticed any problems in that time frame.

Any of you seen any sign of such issues ?

My flock goes through it too quickly for that to be a concern, but I can see it being a concern for others. The cans are also good for storing items between coops for bio security equipment.
Good point on the food.

Just curious if any of you that are NPIP participants, have you had any contact from them lately ? Anyone know if they have resumed testing ?

I'm on the hunt for a bantam bbr or red pyle Phoenix rooster or cockerel from an NPIP source. My one pullet started laying, and I would like to find a cockerel for her. thanks

Last edited:
They never stopped testing, they were just limited on how many they could do at a time. They should be back in full swing now.

Hmn, I was getting tested twice a year in order to meet some states requirements to ship there. Usually just waited on a call from Candy when she was going to be in the area, no word last fall. Probably/hopefully pick it up with the spring testing.

They never stopped testing, they were just limited on how many they could do at a time. They should be back in full swing now.

Hmn,  I was getting tested twice a year in order to meet some states requirements to ship there.  Usually just waited on a call from Candy when she was going to be in the area, no word last fall. Probably/hopefully pick it up with the spring testing.

Just give her a call. I can give you the number if you need it. You may have gotten lost in the backlog with the daily testing limits.

Back
Top Bottom