OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Thank you for the input on egg prices. I do feed organic, but I never claim my eggs are organic due to my chickens foraging in the surrounding fields and gobbling up the occasional non-organic table scraps. I checked egg prices in Kroger last night and was horrified. Don't think any of the chicken keepers around here charge prices like that.

Last edited:
Quote:
So now you just have to come uo with a price that you are comfortable with and then add in the cost of egg cartons. Just tack on another 50 cents. I started out with saved cartons but very few bring them back. Good luck, it's nice to get your feed cost covered and our chickens bought us an incubator this spring!

I am in Geauga County in northeast Ohio. Just starting out on this adventure with 6 Golden Comet chicks. Hope to build our coop over the next week or so during our spring break. Any other northeast Ohio folks out there??

I am in Geauga County in northeast Ohio. Just starting out on this adventure with 6 Golden Comet chicks. Hope to build our coop over the next week or so during our spring break. Any other northeast Ohio folks out there??

Hello and welcome from Auglaize county!Just a suggestion, double your coop space now before you build it. Chickens turn into a obsession. We have two coops going with 24 chickens various ages and breeds, 3 guinea, 9 quail and I have eggs in incubator.

Thanks for the suggestion. As I have been reading things on this site for the last few weeks, I am sure you are right. My husband and I are starting the building this weekend, and we are going with a bit more than double our original idea. Since we both still have full-time jobs, we are confident our obsession (my obsession!) will have to be limited at least until I retire in a couple of years. I will be posting photos of our progress...hopefully! I just love looking at other coops/runs/brooders, etc.

Hello there fellow Ohioans! I live in Wood County out in the country. We have a variety of breeds, my favorites being the Buff Orpingtons and Easter Eggers. (Even though the Easter Eggers aren't a breed I still like them and call them a breed.) I hope to have some great chicken conversations on this forum. :)

Hi fellow Ohioans. I am from Findlay area. We just bought our first set of chicks. I told my husband I was only going I get three. I now have 7, and want to get a Silkie too. I'm wondering if I get a Silkie now, and raise her with my standard size chicks, will she get picked on. Anyone one with experience? I got two Buff Orpingtons, 2 Easter Eggers, 2 ISA Browns, and one Barred Plymouth Rock. They are all supposed to be pullets, but we will see. We have an 8x8 shed we are converting into a coop, and making a covered run at least 16'x8'.

Hi fellow Ohioans. I am from Findlay area. We just bought our first set of chicks. I told my husband I was only going I get three. I now have 7, and want to get a Silkie too. I'm wondering if I get a Silkie now, and raise her with my standard size chicks, will she get picked on. Anyone one with experience? I got two Buff Orpingtons, 2 Easter Eggers, 2 ISA Browns, and one Barred Plymouth Rock. They are all supposed to be pullets, but we will see. We have an 8x8 shed we are converting into a coop, and making a covered run at least 16'x8'.

I'm in Findlay too! Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom