OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Well its Saturday and we are passing up going ti the swap mentioned by Big Medicine.I really shouldn't bring home more birds now. Waiting for the mixed bunch to go broody so they increase their numbers. Then I have eggs in the incubator from the Cochin pen. Plus 5 new Australorps and 3 Guinea to introduce. And we have got to get a pen and brooder pen combo built so the quail can be moved. Instead we are going to a gun show to look for ammo instead of chickens. Hope ya all enjoy the weekend!

Well its Saturday and we are passing up going ti the swap mentioned by Big Medicine.I really shouldn't bring home more birds now. Waiting for the mixed bunch to go broody so they increase their numbers. Then I have eggs in the incubator from the Cochin pen. Plus 5 new Australorps and 3 Guinea to introduce. And we have got to get a pen and brooder pen combo built so the quail can be moved. Instead we are going to a gun show to look for ammo instead of chickens. Hope ya all enjoy the weekend!
Hah, not only is that chicken math, but it looks like common core chicken math gone wild!!!

Hah, not only is that chicken math, but it looks like common core chicken math gone wild!!!

Common core I understand not at all but I am really rocking the crazy chicken lady bug big time! May need another coop in a few years. Lololol!I only have 37 birds total .lololol

Last edited:
Very good advice. I personally will NEVER go to a swap again. Went to one last year after DHs bird dog ate some of my hens. Bought a jersey giant, barred rock & Easter egger. Kept them in quarantine for 90 days. All looked fine except Easter egger developed a "rattle" in her breathing & barred rock had an odd disposition. When the barred rock got with the flock, she was fine. Treated the Easter egger for respiratory and she seemed fine when I let her join the flock. In the end, I'm pretty sure she has mg and now mg is in my flock. I lost several pullets last summer because of this. I've had to go back and bleach everything, and really watch my flock. All from (at least what I believe) was one trip to a swap meet. I was also dismayed to find people buying roosters for cock fighting. I have butchered my extra roosters and am not opposed to selling them for meat, but I would be apauled to find out my rooster was living a life of suffering.

I agree outpost about not going to swaps shows. I have spent too much time & money to bring something home. Not worth it in my book. I give my extra Roos that I can't sell to the Amish.

Last edited:
Massillon Ohio here:)

Your few minutes from our home
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom