OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Just wanted to share this picture from yesterday! We had a lot of concerns about how Roger would adjust to the chickens, but they have become fast friends :)

findlaychickens,
That's great that Roger is friends with the chickens! We have two hounds and we were all actually surprised by how easily the dogs learned not to eat the chickens! We have this big pen for the chickens to roam around in the day and it's hilarious when the dogs go in the pen and the chickens peck them! :D Of course it doesn't really hurt the dogs too much and then they just run away.

Our dog is fine with the chickens but not sure I would ever leave him in their area unattended ....instinct could kick in.

Yes, we don't ever have the dogs in the pen when we aren't out there. Our Beagle is really lazy and couldn't care less about the chickens, however we have a younger Pointer and whenever the chickens get scared or start running he can't help but chase them. At that point he gets kicked out of the pen. :)

I don't worry about my dog with my birds, she is still scared of them. My neighbors dogs on the other hand um nope don't trust them. We have a good understanding with them thankfully so no worries. Problem is people from the campground who let their dogs roam. Leash laws are in Ohio for a reason. Grrrr.

I don't worry about my dog with my birds, she is still scared of them. My neighbors dogs on the other hand um nope don't trust them. We have a good understanding with them thankfully so no worries. Problem is people from the campground who let their dogs roam. Leash laws are in Ohio for a reason. Grrrr.

Yes cabinchicky! It's very frustrating when people don't put their dogs on leashes. Especially when they think their dog is really well behaved, but it looks like it wants to bite you and is growling at you. We trust our dogs without their leashes, but you never know, there could be a rabbit ahead. In public the dogs always have their leashes on and are on their best behaviors.

Any negatives to wrapping run in plastic during cold months?
I would be sure to leave at least a small area at the top area open to ensure ventilation. We leave the space over the people door unwrapped. The only negative is that it is a hard job, especially when hubby keeps getting distracted and disappears just when you need a helping hand the most!

Back
Top Bottom