OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

What other animals do ya'll have in addition to the chickens on your farms? What other animals do ya'll want?

We have 2 dogs and 26 laying pullets (aquatic turtle just died)
We want to expand our chickens & add goats and cows for milk, butter, cheese
we raise kunekune pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, miniature horses, and we have 4 dogs as pets and 3 barn cats :)

Is that you that has the kunekune piglets for sale on the yard sale site? They're very cute!
Not me. No piglets here right now.
nice variety. How long have you raised animals & do you have a hobby farm or larger?
I am on 14 acres and basically it is a hobby farm but does produce us a decent income. I've raised animals in one way or another since I could walk. My parents raised and showed dalmatians for 40 years. They dabbled in German pinschers for a few years and I had miniature pinschers.

I am on 14 acres and basically it is a hobby farm but does produce us a decent income. I've raised animals in one way or another since I could walk. My parents raised and showed dalmatians for 40 years. They dabbled in German pinschers for a few years and I had miniature pinschers.
wow amazing!

I've seen a lot the past couple of months. I don't know much about raising pigs but there's been maybe 5 different people post pigs.

Sounds like you had a childhood full of animals
1f60a.png

I've seen a lot the past couple of months. I don't know much about raising pigs but there's been maybe 5 different people post pigs.

Sounds like you had a childhood full of animals
1f60a.png
lots of puppies and dogs :) got horses when I was 17 (much to my parents surprise :lol: ) chickens came in 2010, ducks came in 2011, quail came in 2015 (but I'm selling out of quail). Pigs came in December of 2015. I've had horses since 2003. I have had cattle and goats on the past but either got rid of them or put them in the freezer

lots of puppies and dogs :) got horses when I was 17 (much to my parents surprise :lol: ) chickens came in 2010, ducks came in 2011, quail came in 2015 (but I'm selling out of quail). Pigs came in December of 2015. I've had horses since 2003. I have had cattle and goats on the past but either got rid of them or put them in the freezer

How did you manage to get a surprise horse at 17? Lol I use to bring everything home growing up. Half dead kittens, puppies, adult cats and a few turtles. I have chickens, 3 guinea pigs, 5 cats and 2 dogs now. I used to raise pygmy goats and rabbits. The goats were sweet and I had trouble selling them because I was too attached( a few were bottle babies). The rabbits were mean no matter how much I worked with them. I love animals, if I had more money and space I'd save more.

I got a MinPin for my son when my first husband and I split up. He lived to be almost 14. Loved that dog so much!

How did you manage to get a surprise horse at 17? Lol I use to bring everything home growing up. Half dead kittens, puppies, adult cats and a few turtles. I have chickens, 3 guinea pigs, 5 cats and 2 dogs now. I used to raise pygmy goats and rabbits. The goats were sweet and I had trouble selling them because I was too attached( a few were bottle babies). The rabbits were mean no matter how much I worked with them. I love animals, if I had more money and space I'd save more.

Well, I had been working and saving money...decided I wanted a horse. Didn't have enough space for a big one at the time so I bought a miniature. Still got the ole girl at 14 years old now. Best horse I've ever had

I got a MinPin for my son when my first husband and I split up. He lived to be almost 14. Loved that dog so much!
I wanted to show, decided I wanted o be different from mom and I loved the tiny min pins. I had 4 or 5. Showed them to grand champion titles and every thing. Not sure what happened there but I got out of that and into horses :lol:

Back
Top Bottom