OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Is is just my hens, the weather, or something else? My hens laying pattern has changed this year. Last fall they had a very hard molt, even stopped laying for what I consider a long time, then when they started back laying our best layer didn't lay her usual egg a day, just an occasional egg, and one of our sparse layers started laying a daily egg. The second best layer rarely lays anymore, and the one hen that went broody early spring is our second best layer. It's crazy!

Is is just my hens, the weather, or something else? My hens laying pattern has changed this year. Last fall they had a very hard molt, even stopped laying for what I consider a long time, then when they started back laying our best layer didn't lay her usual egg a day, just an occasional egg, and one of our sparse layers started laying a daily egg. The second best layer rarely lays anymore, and the one hen that went broody early spring is our second best layer. It's crazy!

Idk but most of our hens are going broody and some of them are in a false brood, not even setting on anything! Weird.

For anyone who has horses, heads up if you live in Greene County, Ross County, Richland County, or those general areas, some psycho has been murdering horses. Just two so far that I've seen but that is two too many. The last one they lured the mare to the fence and then shot her with a shotgun. Somebody posted pictures on Facebook, way too horrible to share. I know this won't get far as this thread is too big, but maybe someone will see it that needs to know. FYI.

omg that is disgusting. Maybe we need to call them over to a fence....

What is wrong with these ppl! Makes me sick!

x2

Mine have been broody crazy this year. Egg production was good until the broody bug hit. I have very few of laying age that did not go broody this year. A couple have gone twice! I've seen quite a few feather around too, but none have molted very hard. My ducks are molting now though.

Hi everyone! I have had chickens for 2 years, and just joined the forums here! I live just south of Columbus. Currently searching for a salmon faverolle breeder in my area. Used to be on in Washington Courthouse, but he seems to have disappeared.

Crashing your thread, lol.
Anyone around the Cincinnati area in need of an Easter egger or buff orpington cockerel? Both are about 9 weeks old (i think).... my daughter started her first flock this year and 2 of her 6 pullets weren't so pullet.
Do you have pics of the boys? I may be able to help. I'm 20 miles north of Cincinnati now but am moving August 1st. I already have a roo, but will be going to 10 acres and could make room for them there. Which should be sufficient to prevent any issues. The orpington could probably go in with my silkie girls about same age as I'm worried about putting them in with my other flock as my roo is a light Brahma and already pretty big at only 6 months.

Do you have pics of the boys? I may be able to help. I'm 20 miles north of Cincinnati now but am moving August 1st. I already have a roo, but will be going to 10 acres and could make room for them there. Which should be sufficient to prevent any issues. The orpington could probably go in with my silkie girls about same age as I'm worried about putting them in with my other flock as my roo is a light Brahma and already pretty big at only 6 months.
I can get you recent ones, last I saw them was over a month ago when I visited. I'll pm you

Back
Top Bottom