OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Nope! LOL Most of my girls have slowed waaaay down in laying. She layed an egg the 8th. Before that I have an egg from the 2nd. (Pretty sure there was another in between but someone eats eggs out of order.) I've seen her feathers all over but there are feathers every where. I was figuring molt till I picked her up and felt how bald she is.
Is this an odd time to go broody? I would think with daylight waning they know winter is coming and wouldn't want to attempt to hatch chicks.

Wish somebody would tell my girls! Lol. I have a pair of seramas on eggs due any moment (expected some today), plus i have 3 more hens that i keep taking eggs from!

Thanks! I knew someone could set me on the right path.

Welcome! :frow

Also be aware that you need at least 20 (I think 20, and also an age minimum) posts to be able to participate in the buy/sell/trade section, so do some chit-chatting if you want to get some thru there.
Oh, we also have auction threads and a Games thread for hatching eggs. :)

Thought I'd share this cool photo.
Resized_20170911_132125.jpeg
Those are leg scales. 20x magnified. A girl with dry looking legs got a spa treatment. Not sure what's going on with her so gave her legs and feet a good scub and look over. While slathering her in VCO a few flakes came off.

Hi, I'm a new chicken parent just joined BYC. We live in Warren County Ohio, and are brand new to chickens. I have 12, 9 week old, hopefully all girls, lol, still unsure about 1 of them. They just moved into their new coop last weekend after being spoiled in my daughter's bedroom. Just wanted to say hi to everyone from Ohio.

Hi, I'm a new chicken parent just joined BYC. We live in Warren County Ohio, and are brand new to chickens. I have 12, 9 week old, hopefully all girls, lol, still unsure about 1 of them. They just moved into their new coop last weekend after being spoiled in my daughter's bedroom. Just wanted to say hi to everyone from Ohio.
Hello from Sandusky

Hello from southern Ohio! :frow And :welcome it’s a wonderful community of chicken lovers and a few quacks :D

I just moved from Warren County in August...lived there for most of my life.

Back
Top Bottom