OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome, neighbor

Hi, I am a chickenless (for now until I get our village govt. to grant me a variance) New Egg. I live in Burton Village, Ohio, east of Cleveland. Anyone out there close by me? For now I pet sit two large flocks of chickens and have been reading everything I can get my hands on and researching cute little urban coops and runs. I would love any advice on changing a rural local government's mindset since we have a large Amish population, the country's oldest county fair just up the street and a long countywide tradition of farming and 4H. This is a great forum, I'm learning a lot. I also have a lot of bad stories from petsitting chickens, so I learned a lot of what not to do.

Quote:
What ever happened to the guinea that was hanging out in the square? Wonder where it came from?
welcome-byc.gif

Ha ha! That is so funny that you know about that. Actually the people who own the gas station on the square had two guineas and a couple of hens. All were taken by predators except the one guinea, she was tough and became the village mascot. A tourist ran her over by accident two years ago and the village council had her cremated. Now, why are they not letting me have four hens?

Hello from Centerville! For anyone not familiar, Centerville is on the sout end of Dayton, on the borders of Montgomery, Greene and Warren counties. My house is pretty much across the street from Warren county, lol.

Greetings fellow Buckeyes! I am fairly new on here, and it looks like I have found another thread to subscribe too! I live in Muskingum County, between Dresden and Zanesville.
I was wondering if anyone out there has a cabinet incubator for sale. I am looking for Leahy or Humidaire types, but would consider others also. I can't pick anything up until the 1st of May, but I would gladly make a deposit into your paypal account to hold it for me. I have been doing the usual ebay/craigslist searches, but I thought I would give it a shot on BYC as well.

Also, if you havent decided to go up to the Mt Hope auction Thursday thru Saturday, I would highly recommend it! The spring sale is the biggest, and the fall sale has the best deals IMHO. I bet they have 5000 plus birds there, maybe more. I will be missing it this year, but I will be there in spirit!

Quote:
Welcome! Check out the "everything else for sale" list here on BYC--there's a cabinet incubator listed in Michigan...not sure if it's what you're looking for but you can also post your own 'want to buy' ad..good luck!

Quote:
I will be at Mount Hope!

honestly especiaLLY bANTAMS there are some really nice birds there - breeds i have not seen anywhere else . My friend got some great Fayoumi's there and I have gotten some great Del's there .
I tend to shy awayfrom the warm house cause the exotic animals bug me cause i just think that not everyone should own those
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom