Ohio National- Wanted/Bringing

Quote:
I'm game
thumbsup.gif

There's also a thrift store nearby...
I always wanted to get a bunch of people together and try on "Cosby" clothes for a group photo on a gaudy sofa!
cool.png

Also, I'm saving all my bantam Cochin and Serama eggs this week to share!

Quote:

Neil, you have great knowledge and are funny too refering to the forgiveness part, like and will remember it please kept posting on here with your knowledge. I will be going also, not bringing birds due to I'm new at this and simply my birds have not been tested for NPIP and Avian yet and I dont want to sell unless they are certified. Can you set up appts there for your testing and how much should it be with a flock of about 40? Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Looks like around 59 and sunny subject to change due to the fact we live in ohio. (One min 75 and sunny next 20 and cold.) But anyways no snow looking in forcast

Quote:
I'm game
thumbsup.gif

You all know that it isnt in the best of neighborhoods right!!!!!!!! Be carefull I havent gone to the fair in years because of it. But I am going to this. Just be careful I no longer live in Columbus because of the crazyness. Just a thought.

Quote:
I think you misunderstand a few things about AI and Pullorum testing. But at the show you can get all the information. The Ohio Poultry Assn. (that is the comercial poultry trade group that administers the NPIP in Ohio and does the survelence testing for AI) will have a table full of literature at the show. In addition the field rep for the state, Mike Stichler, (yes I noticed the siumularity in the name) will be at the Secretary's Table within feet of the OPA/NPIP/USDA display. Just ask for him - he is expecting people to do so. He will be working out appointments for after the show.

I want to again reiterate that The OHIO NATIONAL is in no way a swap meet where you can just bring birds and set them up in display for sale. You must be an exhibitor to sell and no "sales" are permitted outside the building by the Ohio Expositions Commision. Now if birds go from the back of one truck to the back of another - well nobdy is watching that.

Quote:
At The OHIO NATIONAL you will be under the protection of the Ohio Show Poultry Mafia and only others have anything to fear.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think you misunderstand a few things about AI and Pullorum testing. But at the show you can get all the information. The Ohio Poultry Assn. (that is the comercial poultry trade group that administers the NPIP in Ohio and does the survelence testing for AI) will have a table full of literature at the show. In addition the field rep for the state, Mike Stichler, (yes I noticed the siumularity in the name) will be at the Secretary's Table within feet of the OPA/NPIP/USDA display. Just ask for him - he is expecting people to do so. He will be working out appointments for after the show.

I want to again reiterate that The OHIO NATIONAL is in no way a swap meet where you can just bring birds and set them up in display for sale. You must be an exhibitor to sell and no "sales" are permitted outside the building by the Ohio Expositions Commision. Now if birds go from the back of one truck to the back of another - well nobdy is watching that.

Quote:
At The OHIO NATIONAL you will be under the protection of the Ohio Show Poultry Mafia and only others have anything to fear.

Neil, is the McDonald's on the Fairgrounds - "grounds"? I hadn't thought about the neighborhood as mentioned, but after that was posted I do remember a girlfriend of mine who goes to horse shows there every year saying that there are pockets around there that get a bit rough. It has been a long time since I've been there, but I seem to remember that you would need to almost take a car ride to get into too much trouble, but I just want to make sure, I'm a chicken (pun intended) and I'll be by myself, plus I've got rheumatoid arthritis and I don't want to have to walk too many miles to our meeting place. I'm not saying I'm completely broke down, but I kind of have to decide on a long day which hills I want to climb. I guess what I'm asking is, if Mc D's is real far, could we not go there and look for something closer so I can use more of my energy walking around looking at chickens and hopefully talking with folks.
smile.png

I will also be there this weekend and would love to have lunch (or a picnic in the parking lot) with all of you. I am still new to chickens but we are having a great time with our little flock. We just bought a new to us shed to convert into another coop. I will be looking for Buckeye's and maybe some show quality silkies.

Back
Top Bottom