Ohio National...

Tonini: You made me feel a little better about taking one bird and coming home with 13!

I got to meet a lot of nice chicken people (and thier very patient significant others) and had such a ball. Thanks to this year, next year I'll be able to go and do less shopping, lol. I came home with a bunch of super great "I can't believe they are out in my barn" silkies, a very nice cochin boy, and 3 great Ameraucanas (inlcluding a Lavender LF Cockerel, yippee). Tons of knowledge gained, and I am so greatful to everyone that was so nice to me (y'all know who you are).

roostercruiser: You have a beautiful family, and I love my little cochin boy. He is a little piggy
smile.png
Good luck with those Brahamas, they were gorgeous!

Wish I could have stayed for Sun, but probally just as well I didn't!

We made it, unfortunately arrived at about 12.30, so didn't make the meet up.
sad.png

But we had a super good time, and bought 3 call ducks, one magpie and two whites.
big_smile.png
Also a couple nice books. Not sure if Dr. Sheraw is on here, but if so, thank you for taking time to talk with us!! I snagged the last copy of your book there, yay!

Last edited:
Quote:
What alot of people were doing was leaving notes and cell #'s I saw alot of breeders calling people back just a thougt for next year. I went to look for Marans. As you probally already know there wasnt that many there. But I got lucky and at the Maran breeders table they had hatching eggs I got 18 for are you ready no shipping and 40$. And I also bought 2 blue copper and 1 black copper Marans close to about 5 days old (just happened by those) for 20.00. When I first met up with this gentle men he told me 15 a piece. Later on I was in the traders row, and met up with him again and he had them out there an I asked him about it and he said 20.00 I said sold. Came home with what I what. Except I REALLY REALLY want some of those cute little duckies. But didnt, winters coming and I think you need a plan with duckies. It was a good show and all the people I met were extremely nice people.

Awesome job done by all the kids I spoke to at the show, the kids were the best and knew alot about their birds. I talk to handful. Congrates to all the kids who won. You all did a great job on such along day.
Congrates also out to any of the big kids who won also. I hope to be showing next year. It looked like it was alot of fun
wee.gif

Hi all!
We had a great time! and got the birds we wanted so all was good.
Really a good show, hope maybe next year to show something.
I hope everyone did well who was showing and that everyone gets home safe and sound!!
Now....Can't wait for next year!!!
lol.png

Bye!
Angela

Well it was disappointing, I didn't get my lemon blue chicks...
And I bought two birds one talked while the other boxed and it was crazy in there so I booked it home, took them out to exam them before putting them in their quarantine pin and they had LICE! Ran back to town to buy poultry grade DE and I could cry!!!!

I should add, the show birds were amazing and tons of them, wish I could have stayed for the meet up but we had plans and had to run!!!!

Last edited:
I had a great time and so did my kids. I met with Jessi and Kelly and they talked my 12 year old son into some Seramas. So we came home with 4, 3 week old Seramas. I attended the Buckeye club meeting and met some wonderful people. I bought a 7 month old Buckeye cockerel and then people at the meeting convince a guy to sell me a pullet. Then later that same guy gave me a trio of bantam Buckeyes!!!
celebrate.gif
Poultry people are awesome!! So tomorrow I have to go back and get my pullet and cockerel. My kids are happy and so am I. Can't wait till next year, both my kids and I will be showing.
wee.gif

I had a good time. I got there late because I was stranded, sans cell phone, on the opposite side of town as my car. I saw a lot of unique birds there: what kind of duck was that, on champion row, that was dark blue/green? AMAZING!! I am making a stop in Marysville at a friend's house before heading home with next year's grand champion Serama cockerel. A really big thanks to all who lent a shoulder for me to cry on over Heather's dead Silkie...

I had an awesome time and took over 100 photos! I was in chicken heaven
love.gif
especially being away from my girls for almost 2 weeks now. Beautiful birds and very warm and wonderful people. It was so difficult to stay out of the trading area and not look at the birds for sale, lol but I really enjoyed it and look forward to being able to come back again soon!

Back
Top Bottom