Ok all you experts, I really need your help! PLEASE COME IN AND VOTE!

skatcatla

Songster
12 Years
Jun 26, 2007
So, after searching and searching endless sites, photos and plans for coops, I've decided that the designs at Wine Country Coops are just what I am looking for for my backyard. Their prices are outrageous though, so I'll be hiring a local carpenter (I'm fortunate enough to know a REALLY good one who charges way too little for his skills) to build it for me.

My question is, I honestly can't decide between the "Gable" style and the "shed style". This site has very few photos on their website of the interior, so I can't see how they are laid out. I could make my own interior design I guess. But, which would you choose? Are there merits to one style over another or is just aesthetics? Here's the site..I appreciate all your votes for one vs the other, and tell me why:

http://www.winecountrycoops.com/

Thanks!!

I vote for Gable style, because it makes it look like a little house, more than a tool shed. My preference anyway...

They're all gorgeous; shed style would be easier/quicker/less expensive (I'd think) to build. I think you ought to go with what your heart wants on this one! You've got to look at it every day!

I know, that's the problem, I think they are BOTH beautiful.
tongue.png

I would go with gabled because I think that adds a little extra coverage for rain/sun. I would add a little covered front porch if I were building this for my peeps...

I would go with the gable. As my hubby would say. Get what you want now because later on your going to be saying I wish I had went with that one I really liked. He knows me so well!!

Last edited:
Lone Cowboy: I would buy yours in a New York minute! But the shipping costs would kill me. ;-D

PoisonIvy: I feel the same way. I just can't figure out which one I think is cuter!

I think I'll just have my carpenter guy give me a quote on both styles and see what the price difference is. That might settle it for me then and there.

Back
Top Bottom