OK, Enough is Enough! Please DON'T Discuss Baby Poop With The World!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ranchhand, May 12, 2011.

1. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I rarely rant/vent about anything. But I have some younger (30s) family members with a brand new baby girl, their first. Cute as she can be, and certainly on track to be a sweet and overly indulged little girl. Both parents are very smart and well educated, long time internet veterans. And head over heels in love with their little blessing, which is wonderful.

But every time I look at facebook they are both posting about the latest diaper "blowout" and what targets were hit and must now be cleaned. And the posts of the stinky-winky, cutsey-wutsey poops are getting to be a bit much. There IS no tactful way to say please stop without infuriating pretty much the whole family, but I'm still hoping for a suggestion.

I know when I was a baby, such things might be discussed by the mother's close friends, but really, 1-4 updates on facebook daily? I don't want to block them, I LOVE the new pics, but I really don't want the poop updates daily. Some things are private for a reason!

Anyone have any ideas on a tactful and kind approach? IS there one? [​IMG]

2. Player Hater

Player Hater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    aaahahaha let them have their fun; they'll eventually tire of it

people are going to post embarrassing/annoying things on facebook

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    LOL, I know, though it's not my style! This is probably the most personal thing I have EVER put online!

Thank the powers that be they don't have chickens and belong to BYC! [​IMG]

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    well just to let you know my BM was firm and formed this morning...LOL

5. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:This is exactly what you should post as a reply the next time they blab about their baby's poop. Love it!!!

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Isn't it nice when it comes out in one piece? [​IMG]

8. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    just be glad they are not posting pictures of the latest "blow out" ..... or are they?!?

9. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    That is nothing compared to a fb friend of mine. She insisted on giving a play by play of labor (including how the doctor was checking her) every step of the way. I was sadly mistaken that when the baby came out she would stop [​IMG] I got regular updates about poop and who he had peed on that day. As cute as their little boy is I had to remove her from my feed. I couldn't take the intimate details of the poor baby's life anymore. Just click on the little x at the upper right of the status and hit the hid all by *insert name* and they will still be a friend so that you can check in on them every now and then but you wont get the constant poop updates all over your stream.

10. YYZ

YYZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Maine
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by