Ok guys wht breed are my boys? And can i show them?

ruby1512

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 3, 2011
DSC01116.jpg

and
DSC01123.jpg

thanks you lovely people you:D

I wouldn't be so quick to say mutts. The 2nd one is definitely splash in color, so he isn't carrying any other color genes, I would be really surprised if you had a splash mutt! I couldn't tell you what breeds they are or if they meet that breed's standard, but wait for someone with more breed experience before you write them off. Do you have a better pic of the splash guy? It's really hard to tell from the pic, but there are several breeds that come in splash and have single combs. THe only ones I am familiar with are OEG, Orpingtons, and Marans, but I couldn't tell you if he is any of those by the pic you posted. Need a better one.
smile.png
And Niclandia is speaking Latin to me, but sounds like s/he (?) is familiar with the coloring, and that roo is also heterozygous (I do understand that!) so was probably bred purposefully. Hopefully one of the chicken old-time breeders will recognize and chime in.
smile.png

Quote:
I would be really surprised if you had a splash mutt!

Example of a "mutt" splash
wink.png

Blue Plymouth Rock + Blue Orpington = Blue, Black, Splash all cross bred aka mutt.

Chris​

Quote:
I would be really surprised if you had a splash mutt!

Example of a "mutt" splash
wink.png

Blue Plymouth Rock + Blue Orpington = Blue, Black, Splash all cross bred aka mutt.

Chris​

LOL! I know it's possible, but seems a little unlikely, don't you think? And I didn't say they definitely weren't mutts, just that I wouldn't be so quick to write them off as mutts since they both seem to have deliberate color breeding. I'm not familiar with the breed, if they are purebred at all, but I also have only owned a few breeds of chickens! If you say they're mutts, I'll believe you, and call it case closed! LOL

Last edited:
These fine roosters are obviously one of a kind individuals and therefore deserve their own distinct classification. Rooster number one looks like to me to be the elusive extremely rare Goldwing Honda
thumbsup.gif
Gentlemen, rev your engines! Er-Er-Er-EEEERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Rooster number two is most definately a Swiss Dot Powder Puff, known to be a Romancer of the hen house!!
gig.gif
The hens line up for a little "PUFF" from this handsome Romeo!!
lau.gif

LOL! That means they are very pretty mutts.
smile.png
Sorry!

If you are looking for birds to show, maybe for your kids? Then check out some bantams at the feed store in the spring. All of the bantams I got last year, except for one, met breed standards. Otherwise, you will have to get birds from a reputable breeder.
smile.png

ohhh thanx for the replys guys. i really dont care what they are i love them all the same. i was just curious as to what breed they were because chicken number 1 patrick is so beautiful and perfect a real big strong boy and we just wondered if they were of a showy type (purely for fun). i will try and get some better piccys of them in the light. chicken number 2 priscilla queen of the desert is a huge fluffy boy very pretty sweet and good natured. aahhh well mutts or not i think they are wonderful
wink.png
thanx again

Back
Top Bottom