Ok here I go! Hello my name is Joe and I am a chickaholic!

injunjoe

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Pasco county, FL.
Hello great chicken lovers. Wow this place is the best! I have been lurking around for ten or eleven weeks now. I have not asked any questions, as everything I could think to ask about chickens, but was afraid to ask, has been answered many times over. Thank you for all the help thus far.

I started out in April with 5 bantam Old English Game. One chick was weak, but cute so we took it anyway with hope, no luck. By may 2, Friday I was in much need of more, so back to the feed store I went. This time I found they had Yokohama chicks, and Silkies.
I left with 2 yokos and 3 silkies.

After a 4 weeks I put them outside in a temp coop. A coon soon found out and breached my coop and had taken 2 and ripped off a leg from two of my babes. The 2 died the next day. Sad yet I am pretty sure, from what I have learned here, all the chicks that died were roos. They gave themselves for the ladies. They rest in honor.

I solved that problem fast like. My kids are safe as can be now!

So on June 5th I felt the need to replace my loss. I ordered 28 chicks from Ideal. Wonderful service I must say. I had ordered the bantam mix plus 3 Sultans, they look so cool to me. All arrived in great health and one day early. Of that group one had died a day afterwards. Now up to 32 chicks! Hooked, bad!

I will be posting my coop pics and other ideas soon.
Oh and maybe I could bother you all with some of those, "What am I", threads too!

Again I would like to say thank you for all that I have learned here. It seems like a huge family. Great place to hang out! I know I have used my share of bandwith all ready!

cool.png
Joe, aka, injunjoe

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

You are in good hands here. We are the lucky ones, as our addiction may be expensive at times but it doesn't lead to bad health.

Don't be afraid to ask you questions. Someone here will have an answer for you!

Back
Top Bottom