Why are these chicks dying?

So my Bro-in-law works at Rural king(the chicks are from hoovers hatchery)
he just got a job in the farm section as a manager.
He has standard chickens and ducks but he doesn't have bantams but I have bantams so he asked me why these
bantam chicks keep dying he said they had enough heat,food,and water and some die from shipping of course
I am thinking Marek's or Coccidiosis but I decided to consult you guys
Has he checked their butts? They might have icky butt, although I suppose making sure there’s no crap on them is probably the first thing to do when the new shipments arrive.

Has he checked their butts? They might have icky butt, although I suppose making sure there’s no crap on them is probably the first thing to do when the new shipments arrive.
He probably has considering the fact he has had chickens before.I will check what he is feeding them real quick and get back to you

Bantams do not have the reserves that bigger breeds do. They can often suffer from low blood sugar if the shipping takes too long. I always add either an electrolyte in the water or some brown sugar for quick energy. Sometimes they cannot recover, but most will rally if treated promptly.

Bantams do not have the reserves that bigger breeds do. They can often suffer from low blood sugar if the shipping takes too long. I always add either an electrolyte in the water or some brown sugar for quick energy. Sometimes they cannot recover, but most will rally if treated promptly.
thanks that might just do it

Back
Top Bottom