ok here is what DR said ...** UPDATE **

Celebrex is a pain medicine used to treat arthritis. That's not something that's prescribed for any type of anxiety or depression - not even 'off-label'. Celebrex is a NonSteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) in the same family as ibuprofen (Advil) or naproxen (Aleve) - it's an anti inflammatory pain reliever.

Could he have said Cymbalta? That is an SSRI type of antidepressent (same family as paxil or prozac). Cymbalta is one of the newer SSRIs and has lesser side effects than some of the others and is especially noted for treating anxiety-dominant depression.

I hope you find a good answer soon - everyone has a bad day now and again, but when you have so many unexplained 'moody' days it can really have a negative impact on all facets of life.

take care... hugs

Arlee, you are right about it being Cymbalta, not Celebrex (I spotted that too). There's another one too, Celexa.
One other thing to consider. As I've said before, I suffer from dysthymia and pretty much have it under my control, instead of the other way around. When I moved to Arkansas back in '04 I couldn't get over the drab, dreary winters here. I grew up in the mountains of NC, so I'm no stranger to cold; really don't mind winter at all, SO LONG AS THE SUN SHINES. But sunshine seems to be a rare commodity throughout most of the winter here. That's when I learned about SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and the specially made lamps to treat it. Here's a link, for any that are interested. These lamps go a long ways towards helping beat the winter blues.
www.sadlight.com

I talked to DH this morning - and you are right I got the meds wrong !! I have no memory when it comes to remembering the names of Meds-
idunno.gif
at least I dont have to start taking it yet LOL
anyway I will keep up updated as this goes on.

Julie

Celexa was my princess medicine. I got off because I wanted another baby. Don't EVER EVER EVER get off of this medicine cold turkey. I thought I was going to die. I had electrical tremors in my face and got so dizzy I would throw up. It was something I will never experience again.

Start keeping track of your bad days. When you get more bad then good, I would the the Meds. I take 10 mg. of Lexapro a day and it has been a life saver. My DH thinks so too. I think it is also important to take a good multivitamin. I take Puritans Pride Green Source and love um.

Back
Top Bottom