OK..I think my chick is dying!!!!

Its an unhatched egg on day 22 which has an air cell in shape from the top but then at the back its saddle shaped..it as well has some liquid floating on the saddle shaped area...what do I do??!
In all honesty, you can't do much. Chicks can always hatch late. I'm assuming they are chickens. It's only a day late. I had a quail hatch 6 days after hatch day. My one piece of advice is DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE PROCESS. Sometimes you win some, some times you lose. I have had so many failed hatching process. Sometimes they just don't make It. There is nothing you can do about it. Don't help the chick hatch. Just be patient and wait. From my own mistakes, you get worried and candle them and open the incubator. Don't do that just give them time.

In all honesty, you can't do much. Chicks can always hatch late. I'm assuming they are chickens. It's only a day late. I had a quail hatch 6 days after hatch day. My one piece of advice is DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE PROCESS. Sometimes you win some, some times you lose. I have had so many failed hatching process. Sometimes they just don't make It. There is nothing you can do about it. Don't help the chick hatch. Just be patient and wait. From my own mistakes, you get worried and candle them and open the incubator. Don't do that just give them time.
What about the detached air cells?...I kept them vertically upright....but why is there liquid floating in it?...why isnt the baby moving?

I
What about the detached air cells?...I kept them vertically upright....but why is there liquid floating in it?...why isnt the baby moving?
If the baby isn't moving it could have passed. Don't throw it out, I had a chick who I thought was dead and hatched. Did you put them into lockdown? The last three days of hatching they should not be turned. Simply laid on their side and left alone. "If the air cell is detached, hope is not lost! You can incubate these eggs in an incubator that holds the air cell on the topside of the egg." From what I have noticed with my eggs is that... Sometimes they don't move for a little while, they just kinda float. If you are concerned get a warm bowl of water and place it in. If it starts to wiggle you have a baby! If it doesn't you may want to prepare yourself for a lost chick. Like I said. Dont toss them until you KNOW they are gone.

I

If the baby isn't moving it could have passed. Don't throw it out, I had a chick who I thought was dead and hatched. Did you put them into lockdown? The last three days of hatching they should not be turned. Simply laid on their side and left alone. "If the air cell is detached, hope is not lost! You can incubate these eggs in an incubator that holds the air cell on the topside of the egg." From what I have noticed with my eggs is that... Sometimes they don't move for a little while, they just kinda float. If you are concerned get a warm bowl of water and place it in. If it starts to wiggle you have a baby! If it doesn't you may want to prepare yourself for a lost chick. Like I said. Dont toss them until you KNOW they are gone.
so basically it had a perfect air cell till yesterday when i candled it..i did not turn them after day 18 but now after i saw the air cell i have kept the broad part of the egg on the top and the narrow end on the bottom being upright..wont the water candling make water enter the egg?..already it has some some of jelly floating in the saddle part of the air cell..im concerned if it has died ..

Back
Top Bottom