Ok, I've got one for you.....

Anish

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 23, 2012
West Branch, Michigan
Maybe this isnt as odd as I seem to think it is, but I almost died laughing when this happened. About a week ago my 17 year old son was sitting on the grass playing with our chicks and for some reason he decided to pick up this thin little stick and drag it back and forth through the grass. Kinda like you would play with a kitten. Right about the time I was going to start teasing him about not knowing the difference between a kitten and a chicken, when one of the chicks started chasing the stick JUST LIKE A KITTEN! It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. She got really low, completely streamlined her body and started running after the stick. The look on her face made it very clear that she was on a mission.
So, has anyone ever known a chick to do this or do I have a chick with identity issues, lol?

hahahhaah
lau.gif

ya,chicks will play,,well kinda. the chick thought he/she was chasing down dinner. and you think thats funny, wait till you see them chase a mouse hehehe
ep.gif

and by the way
welcome-byc.gif

Jim

I'll tell you what.. I am not getting half of the things done around here that I should be because I spend all of my time chick watching! They are the funniest little guys (well, girls). I have heard about them chasing mice and it sounds like a riot.

I'll tell you what.. I am not getting half of the things done around here that I should be because I spend all of my time chick watching! They are the funniest little guys (well, girls). I have heard about them chasing mice and it sounds like a riot.

ohhhh it only gets worse. next month you'll get even less done cause your watching their big girl feathers come in, and if thats not bad enough, in about 5 months you'll be sitting there watching for that first egg, and then,,,.......

That works with full grown chickens, too. At least, it does with ours. Anything new that doesn't freak them out, is of intense interest to them. It's quite amusing.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom