Ok, I've gotten the ball rolling now...

MrsHall28

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
I will be receiving my chicken coop kit and chicken run extension on Wednesday. I plan on putting it together and getting the supplies ready by no later than Monday. I plan on stopping by some local farms Tuesday and picking up two young hens to start with. I plan on looking all throughout this website and I already bought a backyard chicken book as well. My main worry right now is what to do when it is 112 degrees outside. I live in San Antonio and it can be over 100 for weeks. How can I keep my chickens from overheating??

Here's a couple of ideas from my Pinterest board:

To encourage your chickens to drink in hot weather fill a dish with ice water & dump in black oil sunflower seeds. They drink as they go for the seed.

I filled a plastic ice cream bucket with chopped vegetables and pumpkin seeds. Filled with water and froze. Keeps the girls busy and cool!

Here's a couple of ideas from my Pinterest board: To encourage your chickens to drink in hot weather fill a dish with ice water & dump in black oil sunflower seeds. They drink as they go for the seed. I filled a plastic ice cream bucket with chopped vegetables and pumpkin seeds. Filled with water and froze. Keeps the girls busy and cool!
Love those ideas!!! Thank you! I'll definitely be trying it!

caf.gif
You're quite welcome!

Back
Top Bottom