OK just shoot me, before my husband does...

Holy cow! Those hoof pictures make me want to cry.
somad.gif
Thankfully they have a wonderful home with you now, and I hope you can get their hooves back to usuable condition.

I've never had a horse, but I used to ride with my best friend.

Those poor boys. Thank goodness for your kindness. I am sure the trim will feel better for him in a couple days. What precious boys.

They are really good boys surprisingly. I think right now they are just soooo happy to be with people again, I don't think they liked being alone, they sure bonded to us quickly, not like a wild horse. I will post pics again in about a month when they get their check ups.

Please tell me you didn't get that pony from some guy in Norco? Looks a lot like one being sold on craigslist awhile back. Long story short , buyer selling it as broke , buyer lied I got on it for my neighbors son, since pony was for him. Sucker put my in the hospital. I pray its not the same one. I should make that guy pay my hospital bills. I cant remember how bad its feet were.
Seller said pony was his sons used pictures of kids on the pony. I have shown horses for 15 plus years never ever had a horse I feel purposly hurt me. This one ment to hurt me and it is not broke nor kid safe.

Last I checked it was pm craigs list again lower price and he changed the photos.

Hey I've got a question about horse hooves. What about wild horse hooves? Do they grow that way since they are never filed down or do they do enough running around to keep them worn down?

Quote:
Thank you. You eliviated my fears because I DO NOT want that to happen to them. They ARE Mustangs. I feel soooo much better now. We have colicci dirt here. hard sand if that makes any sense. Not like concrete, but not soft like a beach either.

You can always have a farrier come out just to check them out and make sure they look good and don't need trimmed. It's a good idea.

Quote:
Thank you. You eliviated my fears because I DO NOT want that to happen to them. They ARE Mustangs. I feel soooo much better now. We have colicci dirt here. hard sand if that makes any sense. Not like concrete, but not soft like a beach either.

You can always have a farrier come out just to check them out and make sure they look good and don't need trimmed. It's a good idea.

Good idea. I came home tonight and went out and looked at them again and they are fine. When we got them, Duke had a crack, and we have been keeping an eye on it, but it is the same as it was then. Last time a farrier was here, when we first got them, he told us they didn't need to shod because of the terrain they live in (2.5 acres of hard ground), so we didn't. They are mustangs and really funny to watch when they play with the goats.

Quote:
Wild horses travel great distanced daily. They roam. That keeps there feet down. Unlike domesticated horses that are in small paddocks or stalled.

It's like chickens, if you keep them penned inside their nails grow long and may have to be trimmed. But if they are free to scratch out int eh ground all day long, they stay short.

Back
Top Bottom